Spyder Garage

Default What about change over numbers/alternative part no's for Filters etc?

I am kinda new here, and new to Spyders. Is there a place on Spyderlovers or anywhere else that gives alternative make Oil Filter, Air Filter, and Bearing numbers? Numbers for anything that can be changed over or found at other places besides Can-Am Dealers??? I'm an old retired Mechanic, and when I was still working, for most likely 30% or more of our everyday jobs in the Shop there was a need for change over numbers, so I am pretty sure there is here too ... and I am just asking because I know you folks all know a lot more about this this than I know... and I thank you for any advice and help. I don't really need anything now... but I am sure there will come a time when I will..... sooo thanks in advance .
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-20-2022 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Title clarification +
    2011 RTS Spyder

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    I am kinda new here , and new to Spyders . is there a place on Spyderlovers or anywhere else that gives like Oil Filter and Air Filter and Bearing numbers , that can be changed over , or found at other places besides Can-Am Dealers ??? I'm an old retired Mechanic , and when I was still working most likely 30% or more of everyday jobs in the Shop , there was a need for change over numbers , so I am pretty sure there is here too ... and I am just asking , because I know you folks all know a lot more about this this than I know... and I thank you for any advice , and help , I don't really need anything now... but I am sure there will come a time when I will..... sooo thanks in advance .
    A few folks here have found other BEARINGS that can be used ..... but they don't seem to need replacement on a regular basis if ever ... BAJARON ( a sponsor here ) has some alternate parts like oil filters ...brakes & pads etc. ..... Also a lot of folks switched to using HONDA ( tube ) gaskets on the early GS RS etc V-twin exhaust ( they lasted 3 times as long as BRP 's..... I think they will fit the RT model because yours also had the v-twin ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-20-2022 at 11:50 PM.

Spyder Garage

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...rs-amp-Helmets

Lots of us here use and trust BAJARON for our filters. You must have seen his ad in the 10 months you have been here.

change over numbers, That's a new term I have never heard. OEM vs non OEM ?

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Some copy & paste from notes: Default rear bearings & seals-aftermarket
    Driven pulley takes a 30BD40DF2 (double row) Also Known As: 30BG05S5G2DS or 5006-2RS 30x55x23mm.

Wheel takes 2 of 6205 2RS bearings. Seals are 37x55mm two needed but will need OEM as they're an odd size

Three O-rings 15IDx3mm needed and one 60IDx3mm

The O rings and seals are cheap so replace all. Allow a couple of hours, no need to rush. Circlip pliers needed and usual hand tools. The OEM pulley bearing doesn't seem to last terribly long - usually the first of the 3 to go and indicated by belt track moving and/or click/rattle (but this can be caused by other things too.)

Edit: and you'll need a tool of some specific sort to remove one axle bearing.

Helpful vid
    https://youtu.be/juVK1ogc1BA

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock