Spyder Garage

Default Anyone found Phoenix Orange touch up paint? Where?

I own a 2019 RTL that is in the Phoenix Orange color and have multiple rock chips in the paint on the Frunk. I have looked everywhere for touch up paint to match with no success. I did find one company that claimed a match but the paint delivered was so far off that it could not be used. I know that color was used on both the RT and the F3 models for several years. Has anyone found matching touch up paint and if so where can I order it? Your help would be appreciated. I like to keep my bike pristine and want to cover up those chips.
    Thanks.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Did you try Color Rite?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I own a 2019 RTL that is in the Phoenix Orange color and have multiple rock chips in the paint on the Frunk. I have looked everywhere for touch up paint to match with no success. I did find one company that claimed a match but the paint delivered was so far off that it could not be used. I know that color was used on both the RT and the F3 models for several years. Has anyone found matching touch up paint and if so where can I order it? Your help would be appreciated. I like to keep my bike pristine and want to cover up those chips.
    Thanks.
    You did not say where you try to get the matching paint from.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just out of curiosity, what colour is Phoenix Orange as opposed to the Cognac (I call it burnt copper) that the ‘14’s have? The high temperature engine paints cover the Cognac....is there one that will do the Phoenix Orange? Try looking “outside the box” for it.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what colour is Phoenix Orange as opposed to the Cognac (I call it burnt copper) that the ‘14’s have? The high temperature engine paints cover the Cognac....is there one that will do the Phoenix Orange? Try looking “outside the box” for it.
    See my pictures. The one on the right is Phoenix Orange. The other is Magma Red.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I was hoping to find someone that had successfully purchased Phoenix Orange touch up paint. I am not home where my supplies or I would post the name of the company selling the paint that did not match. There is so much metallic flec in the paint that it is hard to match. I even tried going to an automotive paint store and had them mix a match like they would for a body shop and that did not work either. When I get home I will post the name of the supplier that claimed to have a match based on color number.

Thanks,
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was hoping to find someone that had successfully purchased Phoenix Orange touch up paint. I am not home where my supplies or I would post the name of the company selling the paint that did not match. There is so much metallic flec in the paint that it is hard to match. I even tried going to an automotive paint store and had them mix a match like they would for a body shop and that did not work either. When I get home I will post the name of the supplier that claimed to have a match based on color number.

Thanks,
    Well I am the guy who found matches for " Cognac " and " Pearl white ", and neither were from BRP ..... They did match ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Colorite does not have the paint.

Try Pierre at canamspyderaccessories.com That is where I got mine when I bought a color matched dash for my 2019 F3L, I just sold the bike and gave the paint to the new owner.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Default Touch up paint

Bartender

I ordered a touch up kit from a company called “ScratchesHappens” . I think my 2019 F3L orange color is called Phoenix Orange Metallic.

Poasttown

Spyder Garage
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I got back home to my shop and ScratchesHappen Phoenix Orange Metallic is what I bought and do not think matches. Maybe it is my fault for not stirring the paint well enough in the bottle. With the amount of metallic in the paint it may be really sensitive to settling out of the ingredients. I will try that to see if that helps since others report that it is a match. Thanks for the input.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got back home to my shop and ScratchesHappen Phoenix Orange Metallic is what I bought and do not think matches. Maybe it is my fault for not stirring the paint well enough in the bottle. With the amount of metallic in the paint it may be really sensitive to settling out of the ingredients. I will try that to see if that helps since others report that it is a match. Thanks for the input.
    From experience - the more the metallic the paint is the more mixing it will need .....good luck .... Mike