Spyder Garage

Default BRP Riding Course Price Increase

I just noticed that the fee for the riding program has increased in most places. For the past couple of years the price was discounted to $49-99 depending on specials. There are still a few places that offer the class for $99, but according to the site, the price has gone back to $199.

"*©2022 Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP). All rights reserved. ®, TM and the BRP logo are trademarks of BRP or its affiliates. The terms and conditions may vary depending on your location and this offer is subject to termination or change at any time without notice, is not refundable, exchangeable or transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash, credit or other products of equivalent value and cannot be combined with any other offer or rebate. Certain models may not be available in all riding schools. Offer valid in US select states only (TX, FL & VA). Depending on your location, the price for certain riding schools starts at $199, excluding certain applicable fees. See your participating riding school for all the details."

I took the class when it was $99 and felt it was well worth the $. I think $200 is still a decent price and worth it. Especially if you have no experience with a Spyder.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-19-2022 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Colour conflict
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

I took the course here in Rochester NY. I paid $99. The course was well worth it also, never have rode a three wheeled vehicle, other than a not so close friends short test drive. The courses ran from late April to early Aug. If you paid before May 1, the cost for any of the dates was $99, after May 1 the cost was $199. Still waiting for my 2022 Spyder RTL, Petrol Metallic, dealer still telling me end of July.
    2022 RT-L , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll enjoy being able get the full experience once your spyder finally arrives. Don't let the anticipation get to you.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Ryde Course

....Definitely worth the money. I learned a lot from the course and the instructor was very helpful and extremely patient. My Wife took the class with me and she loved it.
    Learn, Enjoy, and Stay Safe. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

The MSF Basic Rider course costs $275 - $300 around me, depending on where you take it. For me, learning to ride safely is definitely worth the cost--but my guess is with all the other extra raw material and supply chain charges BRP is dealing with right now, they decided to stop subsidizing the training course.
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    I just noticed that the fee for the riding program has increased in most places. For the past couple of years the price was discounted to $49-99 depending on specials. There are still a few places that offer the class for $99, but according to the site, the price has gone back to $199.

I took the class when it was $99 and felt it was well worth the $. I think $200 is still a decent price and worth it. Especially if you have no experience with a Spyder.
    Not to mention that most states I'm aware of have gotten away from conducting skill tests for motorcycles (both 2 and 3 wheeled variety). At least the states that require a special endorsement to legal ride these critters. In Washington it takes separate endorsements for both 2 and 3 wheeled vehicles and the state does not conduct a skills test, so your only option is to take a state certified motorcycle safety course. I paid $125.00 when I took my class in 2016.

-2022-may-25-016.jpg
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

My wife paid $75 for the course, even at $199 it is worth the knowledge and experience you gain for on a Spyder.
    2015 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    Magic Mirrors
    Short Antenna
    LaMonster Dual Power Plate
    LED Headlights
    LED Fog lights
    Vibration Damper
    Spyclops
    Spyclops II
    Utopia Back Rest