Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Can someone tell me how to get Nav to work with or bypass BRP GO?

Hi all ~ Have a hopefully quick question, I have a 2021 Sea-to-Sky and am somewhat going crazy trying to figue out BRP Go, specifically the navagation. First off, I can't believe that a 35k bike doesn't come standard with it's own Nav built in, (dealer told me it did) especially at the top of the line model. Second, I downloaded both Genius Maps & Rever (don't know the difference between each) and although Genius Maps says it's 'Free', can't get it to load w/o a subscription; Rever on the other hand keeps asking me for a destination - I just want to see where I'm going. Also, when I'm getting the message that I need to pay in Genius Maps, no mattter what I do, I'm stuck in that position on the screen and can't do anything further - this is while I'm driving "Very Dangerious". even tried it at home with same results. Is there any way that I can use another Nav App instead of those two like Google Maps or Waze? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ~ Papabean519

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Post Can someone tell me how to get Nav to work with BRP GO? Or how I can by-pass BRP GO?

Hi all, have a 2021 Sea-to Sky and am going crazy trying to get BRP GO to have the Nav work. I've downloaded both Genius Maps & Rever w/o success - Genuis Maps gives me a message that I must subscribe to use (have never had a trial period or ran the free verision as the site states) and Rever asks me for a desitination w/o showing me the roadway or a simple map, like I'd like to see. Also noticed that while I'm receiving the Genius Maps msg about subscribing, the system lock up and doesn't allow me to move from that app to another - danngerous while driving. Can't believe that a 35k bike would not come with a built-in Nav system instead of this jumping through hoops. Lastly, does anybody know how I can by-pass BRP GO blockage to add my own choice of apps like Google Maps or Waze or some other of MY CHOICE software? Please help, Thanks Guys/Gals.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Papabean519 I merged your two post from the welcome & map areas and placed them here where other members can see them and might be able to help. Good luck with finding a solution to your nav problem.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I solved the problem: Purchased and installed: very easy, Garman Zumo XT. Closer, larger screen and I can plan trips better.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use Sygic and it works great. You do have to download each and every state you want maps on, and there is a subscription fee, but it has worked flawlessly.

I tried the other two first within a trial peroid and was not impressed by them.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I use either Google or Apple maps - here's how I get it done. (If you want music in this configuration, you will have to use your phone - I haven't figured out how to interface nav with the FM radio yet - if it can even be done)

Bluetooth your phone to the dash - do NOT use BRP app on your phone. You can then hear music and nav from your phone on the bike's speakers. **You will need either a data blocker or a charging only cable if you hook into the USB in the little glovebox. If the bike detects a phone there it won't work (or I haven't figured it out yet - I have only had my bike for a week or so). Or, if you add an aftermarket USB port, that would solve the charging problem.

I know it seems a little convoluted, and I agree that the touring models should come with nav on the bike - but this is working for me. (I ran a similar set up on my Victory for the last 7 years, so I am used to it.)

I will be following to see if there are more suggestions.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Spyderverse. Your question has been asked by many people over the years regarding the app and the integration wed like. Most of the posts conclude that it is easier to skip using the BRP app. It's easier to just use your phone via bluetooth to connect the audio to the spyder's speakers and use your phone as the GPS, or as others do, use a standalone GPS. Then, mount the phone or GPS to the spyder.
    This may not work for you if you're trying to get the display on the spyder to show the map. If that is the case, you can try to figure out the BRP GO app. Some folks have been successful with this. Others have struggled.

https://youtu.be/c6uNqjspzgs
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

I tried to use BRP tools (with Sygic) - and found the screen size and resolution terrible and quirky. I installed a Zumo XT with Kradelock (to secure it) and am very happy. I also added Garmin's back up camera to my license plate holder and now I have a reverse camera and don't have to strain my neck backing up or have a spotter to see the things I can't see .
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black