Spyder Garage

Default Parking brake light stays on

2010 RT sm5
    Installed new rear tire and new rear brake pads. Parking brake goes on and off with the switch, but the parking brake light stays on. Any help on getting the light to go on and off properly????

Thanks for any assistance, Roger

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bunman View Post
    2010 RT sm5
    Installed new rear tire and new rear brake pads. Parking brake goes on and off with the switch, but the parking brake light stays on. Any help on getting the light to go on and off properly????

Thanks for any assistance, Roger
    I'd hazard a guess that someone activated the Park Brake while it was disconnected &/or there were no pads fitted, and as a result the activating lever for the Park Brake switch has been converted into a pretzel, leaving the Park Brake micro-switch showing the brake is ON all the time, regardless of whether it really is or not!! . Do you really need to ask me how I know this is possible?!?

If you're handy with a spanner & some (small & lightweight) pliers, you might be able to open the cover of the Park Brake actuator & straighten/re-align the little shiny bit of spring steel with a roller on the end so that it ONLY opens the micro-switch when the Park Brake is on, instead of all the time as it is now....

With your 2010 RT, is the Park Brake actuator in that big black round thing down the back hanging off the brake cylinder; or is it up inside the tupperware just inboard of the brake pedal like it is on my 2013 RT??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!