Spyder Garage

Angry Never order from https://can-am-shop.brp.com/

I placed my order a week ago, and they can't find it and won't let me cancel the order. Very frustrating...I could have ordered from Amazon or Ebay and had the part by now. It's a $700 part, by the way. Very annoying.
    2013 RT Ltd , White with a wrap

Spyder Garage

From my past experience (I am NOT a lawyer); if it was a "special order" and/or you knew there was an extended shipping time, you may be committed, like it or not. If you ordered using a credit card, paypal, or a third party payor, you may have some recourse; call the number on the back of the card and ask, or contact paypal via their website.

Any cc issuer will place a dispute, whether you have grounds for it is another thing. They can also do a "charge-back" to the supplier, and then that supplier has to take on the card issuer (VISA, Mastercard, etc.) to get the $ back; they (the supplier) usually won't. Back to the grounds for the dispute or charge-back; you have to be "unfairly treated" to enact either, I have used "the supplier claimed in stock, but couldn't ship" (tantamount to fraud), or "couldn't produce item within a reasonable amount of time" (usually 30 days, but you have to wait the 30 days). Your payor will be able to explain their specific criteria.

Good luck!

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

Spyder Garage

Any OEM parts I always order from dealer not their site. Dealer can tell you if its in production and delivery date. You usually get a discount too. Good luck. I’ve never bought directly from BRP before. Cheapcycle gets all their parts from BRP so its basically the same as buying from BRP but again cheap cycle can answer any question and is the same price. Sorry to hear about your experience. BRP changed their site about 2 months ago. It used to say if it was backorderd, etc now it doesn’t. I have a part that will not be in production now till mid July and it says its available online but it isn’t.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 05-17-2022 at 09:35 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I have a part that will not be in production now till mid July and it says its available online but it isn’t.
    Just wondering what part that might be if you don't mind my asking?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Just wondering what part that might be if you don't mind my asking?
    Entire Left fog light assembly-14-19 series. It has been unavailable since last October and never went into production this spring. The ones that were produced were stolen when the 15 semis were lost during the trucking incident. From what I understand there will be 2 lines running. BRP is going to switch over to the sled production in June now moving them up 1 month. In doing so the spyder production will overlap and end late July. Any parts that are not in inventory right now, Most parts are coming overseas anyway, will not be produced until the 2022 models are completed, all parts not used on the 2022 model are now being pushed back to late July to allow for production of the current. So if you need a part and it is not available it will not be available or produced till late July now. Thats the entire line of everything. There was an announcement on the sled (skidoo) production from BRP that outlines this but it has not been posted on onroad site yet s.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 05-17-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

I ordered from can-am-shop.brp.com for a Backrest and a GPS mount. It took 3 weeks to arrive and the parts were shipped from a Can-Am dealer in another Province who happened to have both parts I was looking for.
    Seems like when BRP doesn't have the part in their warehouse, they go searching in their Can-Am dealers. If the Can-Am dealers don't have any, they order from their supplier/manufacturer.

There are supply chain issues everywhere in the world caused by two years+ of Covid shutdowns. I work in the defense industry and it's the same. We can't complete our weapon systems to ship to international customers due to lack of parts from suppliers.

Bad times all around. Sorry.
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've experienced the same with other companies. Can't order the part w/o paying for it first. Then and only then is when you find out for sure if it's in stock or not. If it's in stock you're in luck and you only have to deal with extended shipping times. If it's not in stock then the problem worsens. They've got your money and they don't have the part and there's no estimated time when it will become available. It's near impossible to get a refund. If it's only a $10 item, oh well. If it's a $100 item then there's a cause for concern. IF it's a $1,000 + you're in for a battle. The best thing is to find a retailer who will work with you (most will not) and determine if the product is in stock (in hand) and can assure you a shipping date. Don't pi$$ of your retailer, because it's not their fault, they're your best go between so find a good one and treat them right. Like spyderdave said, go through your cc company to get a refund (stop payment) and keep your retailer advised. We're in a holding pattern with a major company over an $8k part and it ain't fun when they refuse to communicate with you. I don't see the supply chain rebounding anytime soon. And then it gets really bad when they ship you the wrong dam part.

Spyder Garage

My only interaction with BRP directly was a call I made to find out about something that 5 dealers couldn't or wouldn't answer. The people at corporate were so rude as to be just about to the point of being arrogant. I finally had to cut off the conversation so I wouldn't drop into merchant marine conversation tone. Those people were horrible. I even made sure to tell them that their idea of customer experience was a sure way to get people to buy ANYTHING else other than their products. And, btw - $700 for a fog light assembly? Head to the scrap yards and i bet you'll find one for a lot less. SlingMods has the replacement LED 60w lights for around $150 which are worlds better than stock (or nothing if you get it like I did). Paint may not match, but that's not a big fix considering that I'm doubtful you'll get a color-matched part anyway. The problem is that the bikes are so popular that BRP doesn't have to care as much.If Kawasaki and Honda would have pulled the trigger and gotten into the 3-wheel business it might be a different story.
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chebber View Post
    I placed my order a week ago, and they can't find it and won't let me cancel the order. Very frustrating...I could have ordered from Amazon or Ebay and had the part by now. It's a $700 part, by the way. Very annoying.
    Paypal is very good about a refund for a non-responsive merchant , and have gotten me a full refund in the past. Just be sure to document your requests and e-mails.date and time etc. If they don't accept paypal--look for someone else.
    2021 Spyder RTL Red, 2022 Kawasaki Z 400

Spyder Garage

15 semis of parts stolen?
    No wonder it hard to get parts.

Spyder Garage

I'll have to play opposing opinion here.
    I've ordered many things directly from BRP on their website.
    Never had a problem. Parts always came in within 10 days of ordering.
    Of course, this was all pre-covid.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    15 semis of parts stolen?
    No wonder it hard to get parts.
    Old news. This incident was posted online and I believe even hit national news. There was also semis of sleds stolen back in November or December, can’t remember. I still say the 15 missing trailers are sitting in some huge distribution yard unmarked, undocumented, and just sitting there with wrong or untracked numbers. There should be GPS on each trailer but who knows. I got a personal email from BRP notifying me that my part was lost and production will be in July and when production starts up I would be notified way back in February. Only reason I know about this is my dealer started a track parts inquiring on my missing part since it’s an insurance issue on a claim.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-17-2022 at 07:26 PM. Reason: un docu,enter = undocumented?? ;-)

Spyder Garage

I think you are probably right about them sitting in a yard someplace.
    A local automotive plant opened a semi trailer, instead of a trailer full of parts, they found a trailer full of cabbages.
    True story I swear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I'll have to play opposing opinion here.
    I've ordered many things directly from BRP on their website.
    Never had a problem. Parts always came in within 10 days of ordering.
    Of course, this was all pre-covid.
    I haven't purchased much from BRP but my experience has been the same. And all of my stuff has been post Covid. I know you are frustrated Cheeber but I think the title of your thread is a little harsh.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

I ordered the service panel twist lock knob for my F3 2 weeks ago from the BRP site. Got it in 4 days as I ordered on the weekend.
    Closest dealers are good distance away from me, dealer I bought it from is 3.5 hrs. away. A dealer 2 hrs. away from me E mailed me it was shipped, I guess they had it in stock.
    I do not think that was bad service considering I ordered on a Sat. and got it on Tues. in the mail especially in the current supply market.
    John
    "some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
    '15 F3S SE6
    '01 FLHR
    Ski Doo 1200's
    Boats
    2015 F3S SE6 , Magnesium

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't and I won't.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

The tri-axis handlebars.
    2013 RT Ltd , White with a wrap

Spyder Garage

Solution is simple, but you need to wait at least ONE MONTH!
    When paying for an item in advance using a CC, the company has ONE MONTH by law to complete your order.
    If after ONE MONTH you have not received your order, call the Bank or CC company and place in a DISPUTE.
    You will get your money back and they will begin an investigation.

End of Story.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black