Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Thx Jester… that’s what they advertised… but I’m sure there is small writing somewhere… and on your new S2S… it’s been a long wait, but I’m sure it will be worth it��
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-20-2022 at 11:58 PM. Reason: ST-S finished production in 2016 - Sea to Sky = S2S ;-)

Spyder Garage

Nice color
    Flyboy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Spyder Garage

While waiting on mine I did pick up this detailer for matte finishes from Lamonster. It also works on windshield and accessories.

Enjoy!

https://www.lamonstergarage.com/blac...are-lamonster/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodenfish View Post
    Congratulations on your new Spyder Sea to Sky. I have only seen them in pictures and was wondering your impression of the satin paint finish. Thanks.
    Much better color than the first year S2S. That's why I chose Deep Marsala Red Dark for my 2021.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

wrx400
    Got my 22 S2S on 5/26/22 No backrest but did have the wind deflectors
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-20-2022 at 11:59 PM. Reason: ST-S finished production in 2016 - Sea to Sky = S2S ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodenfish View Post
    Whatever you do don’t wax or polish it, just wash it with a mild soap meant for washing vehicles that doesn’t have a wax in it. If you wax it it will change the finish and could get streaky and unsightly. I hope to see one in person. What part of Illinois do you live. I’m in Will County.
    Agreed. I use Protectall (https://www.protectall.com/) on my machine and then ONLY in the shade or in the garage. I use it on everything but the bare metal parts and am very pleased with it.
    Last edited by crossbowme; 07-07-2022 at 09:05 AM.
    2021 Can Am Spyder Sea-to-Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Miike View Post
    Congratulations. Keep us posted on how much you love it. Our S2S is sitting in the crate waiting for parts, I hope they come soon.
    Well, after next week's trip we will have close to 3,000 miles and I'll be scheduling the first service. I really can't complain about anything. I will say, tire pressure is critical. We have had some up and down temps (mostly up!) but the fluctuation take a pound or two out of the tires. I should know better and check when the temps change that much.... but I can really tell when the fronts are off pressure - either with each other or low or high. 2-up highway speeds suck the gas, but I have to stop before the bike does anyway, so no harm there. (I don't care about milage that much - just want to be comfortable making 150-175 mi between fuel stops loaded down.) Still waiting for the hitch parts, but don't need to pull the trailer till next year's trip anyway.

Overall, I love every time I get to ride this thing. I imagine new tires next year will make it even better, or so I have read on these pages. I could go on and on, but you guys all know what I am talking about.

@Miike - have you received your ride yet?
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jesster72 View Post
    Well, after next week's trip we will have close to 3,000 miles and I'll be scheduling the first service. I really can't complain about anything. I will say, tire pressure is critical. We have had some up and down temps (mostly up!) but the fluctuation take a pound or two out of the tires. I should know better and check when the temps change that much.... but I can really tell when the fronts are off pressure - either with each other or low or high. 2-up highway speeds suck the gas, but I have to stop before the bike does anyway, so no harm there. (I don't care about milage that much - just want to be comfortable making 150-175 mi between fuel stops loaded down.) Still waiting for the hitch parts, but don't need to pull the trailer till next year's trip anyway.

Overall, I love every time I get to ride this thing. I imagine new tires next year will make it even better, or so I have read on these pages. I could go on and on, but you guys all know what I am talking about.

@Miike - have you received your ride yet?
    Jesster72,
    Here is a suggestion for the tires, have the tires aligned( ROLO laser aligned).

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I have a 2022 RT limited and noticed that I'm getting only 150 miles per tank
    shouldn't I be getting 250 miles per tank

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by molarking View Post
    Probably not if it's brand new, cos they do take a fair while to bed in properly & work up to their eventual fuel economy....

But seriously, "150 miles per tank" isn't a great measure to use when comparing with others, cos no-one knows even vaguely how many gallons you're putting in your tank; or to what level/how full you're filling that tank; or how low you let the tank get before you feel it's empty enough to warrant filling again... and while "150 miles per tank" isn't a great help, neither is "250 miles per tank"!

Are you just filling the tank to the first auto click-off? Or filling it right up to the rim every time?? It'd help a lot more if you told us how many gallons/litres you used to travel 150 miles; or better yet, the actual miles per gallon that you're getting averaged out over 10 or more tanks full - especially if you show us the miles travelled & gas used for each fill! And how low are you running each tank, do you know?? Plus, how accurate is your fuel gauge? Some, like mine, are very inaccurate and even more unreliable, so you never know if the indicated 1/4 tank remaining is actually a true 1/4, or maybe it's just showing that you've used 3/4's of the top third of the tank, and you've still got over 2/3rds of a tank left!! :banhpghead: But don't rely on the Low Fuel Warning light either - some of us have had them sometimes come on within a few hundred yards of absolutely filling the tank, and at other times they just don't seem to come on EVER, despite you ryding for 280 miles since the last fill!!

So please, how many miles travelled divided by however many gallons you just refilled the tank with will help. And some idea of how full you actually fill the tank?! But you really shouldn't expect it to return the best fuel economy until it's done at least 5,000 miles or more - they do get better as they start to settle in!

Ps: don't ever let your tank run dry - modern fuel injected engines need at least about 1/4 of a tank left in there to properly cool and lubricate the fuel pump & injector system!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-27-2022 at 12:05 PM. Reason: tto & 1450! :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by molarking View Post
    Most of this is covered by Peter, I posted before reading his entire post.

You say that you're only getting 150 per tank but you do not state how many gallons you are adding to the tank.

Also, when filling the tank if you're stopping as soon as the nozzle cuts off you can get another gallon or so in the tank.

I run mine to 200 miles then fill back up and have never gotten more than 5.5 gallons in the tank. I know some room must be left for expansion, so I'd guess that I still have close to a gallon if ever needed.
    Also you never want to run it too low anyhow as the gas is what cools the fuel pump.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

wxr - back rest - no. And BRP repeatedly told me no when I talked to customer service. Adjustable deflectors - yes. And they work great.
    Did you get the custom luggage with your bike? I heard that BRP are short of stock and sending them without the luggage.

Still waiting for mine to arrive.
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

The 2022 S2S does not include backrest or luggage.
    2022 RT S2S
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newdave View Post
    The 2022 S2S does not include backrest or luggage.
    Will they ship them later? or do they just not come standard with the S2S anymore?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GFrog View Post
    Will they ship them later? or do they just not come standard with the S2S anymore?
    My memory continually disappoints me, but IIR, 2022 S2S was not offered with the custom luggage included. The driver's backrest and adjustable wind deflectors were the replacement offerings from the beginning. Then they dropped the backrest. Some are getting credits for the backrest, some are not (i am one of the latter, no compensation according to BRP).

Still, all in all, very happy with the bike. Just had 3,000 mile sevice completed, ready to keep riding!
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

I talked to three different dealers and got very similar answers. The backrest was considered at one point but dropped from the offering with no price adjustment. The luggage was only on the 2021.
    2022 RT S2S
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission

Spyder Garage

The driver's backrest and adjustable wind deflectors were the replacement offerings from the beginning. Then they dropped the backrest. Some are getting credits for the backrest, some are not (i am one of the latter, no compensation according to BRP).
    Quote Originally Posted by newdave View Post
    I talked to three different dealers and got very similar answers. The backrest was considered at one point but dropped from the offering with no price adjustment. The luggage was only on the 2021.
    After introducing the Sea to Sky last year with all the bells and whistles, I am disappointed that they decided not to include the extra stuff anymore.

I was initially supposed to get a RTL Marsala Red Chrome, BRP cancelled that due to lack of Chrome parts. They offered a dark edition instead. That one was delayed by BRP 4 times. Then BRP said they would not have the dark edition until very late this year or early next year. My dealer made an arrangement to get the S2S from a dealer in Guelph, Ontario that had not shipped yet from BRP.

Well, to make matters worst, about an hour ago my dealer called to say that my S2S was shipped to original dealer 1200 miles away and they don't have a replacement for me. Mine has been mostly paid since December 21. Now they want to charge me an extra 1k to have it shipped from the other dealer to my dealer. My dealer says that BRP will not cover the cost of reshipping since they shipped to a dealer who wanted one anyway. The manager will call me back tomorrow to see if maybe we can split the extra shipping. It's either that or possibly no Spyder this year.

This is my very first Spyder. Never driven one before. Sold my 2014 Roush Mustang Convertible to pay for this Spyder. Now I am so disappointed. We'll see what happens tomorrow, I guess...
    Last edited by GFrog; 07-28-2022 at 07:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

After introducing the Sea to Sky last year with all the bells and whistles, I am disappointed that they decided not to include the extra stuff anymore.

I was initially supposed to get a RTL Marsala Red Chrome, BRP cancelled that due to lack of Chrome parts. They offered a dark edition instead. That one was delayed by BRP 4 times. The BRP said they would not have for me until very late this year or early next year. My dealer made an arrangement to get the S2S from a dealer in Guelph, Ontario that had shipped yet from BRP.

Well, to make matters worst, about an hour ago my dealer called to say that my S2S was shipped to original dealer 1200 miles away and they don't have a replacement for me. Mine has been mostly paid since December 21. Now they want to charge me an extra 1k to have it shipped from the other dealer to my dealer. My dealer says that BRP will not cover the cost of reshipping since they shipped to a dealer who wanted one anyway. The manager will call me back tomorrow to see if maybe we can split the extra shipping. It's either that or possibly no Spyder this year.

This is my very first Spyder. Never driven one before. Sold my 2014 Roush Mustang Convertible to pay for this Spyder. Now I am so disappointed. We'll see what happens tomorrow, I guess...
    Thats total BS. I hope it works out.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Thats total BS. I hope it works out.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!