Spyder Garage

Default Are there any other (cheaper) Floorboards for a Spyder GS SE5?

I am the new owner of a 2008 Can-Am Spyder GS-SE5. So far I have found only one kind of floorboards that will fit this machine. They are $400.00, plus shipping.

Are there any other less expensive alternatives? I am 78 years old, and the leg position for the Spyder will severely limit my riding. I am going from a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom, that I put floorboards on for less than $200.

I.m not afraid of getting my hands dirty. I'm rebuilding a 2009 F-150 right now (thankfully, the electronics are fine).

Any suggestions?

The Old Medic

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi, I'm old and like dirt cheap also .... the first two links are your best bet .... I wouldn't bother with making a wood template ... a piece of stiff cardboard will be fine ..... because you don't have a FOOT shifter .... the extra part you need to do is trim out for the brake pedal ... after removing the stock pads use the OEM holes for your new boards .... I highly recommend adding some traction stick on material .... when the alumin. gets wet your feet will slide off immed. ..... good luck .... PS Don't use the third LINK the builder didn't make a cutout for the BRAKE pedal, that's an accident waiting to happen .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys, but my fabricating days are behind me. I was looking for something commercially made. I guess that there is only one out there.

Medic

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMedic View Post
    Thanks guys, but my fabricating days are behind me. I was looking for something commercially made. I guess that there is only one out there.

Medic
    I would recommend you try talking to Motor Cycle Dave https://www.motorcycledave.com/ You can call him at 209-889-3283 or e-mail MOTORCYCLEDAVE@MAC.COM he is on the west coast so remember the time difference. He use to carry floorboards for the older models and he has the best price.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMedic View Post
    I am the new owner of a 2008 Can-Am Spyder GS-SE5. So far I have found only one kind of floorboards that will fit this machine. They are $400.00, plus shipping.

Are there any other less expensive alternatives? I am 78 years old, and the leg position for the Spyder will severely limit my riding. I am going from a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom, that I put floorboards on for less than $200.

I.m not afraid of getting my hands dirty. I'm rebuilding a 2009 F-150 right now (thankfully, the electronics are fine).

Any suggestions?

The Old Medic
    I have what you need, give me a call 209-887-3283 or email me at motorcycledave@mac.com
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg