Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Arkansas in the rain - Spyder made my day!

Left Kansas Saturday morning for Eureka Springs, Arkansas on our annual Spring ride and a week in Arkansas. Almost 100 degrees by the time we arrived Saturday evening and we were all tired and hot. Got up Sunday and headed ride Ark. 7 to Russelville and on to Mt. Nebo which we haven ridden for over 10 years. Never made it. Got as far as a highway rest area about ten miles North of Ruesselville and stopped to take shelter as the weather was starting to look really threatening. Pulled all of our bikes under shelter there and waited for the radar to look like it was clearing then headed on South. Didn't quite make it to town before it became apparent that radar was wrong and pulled under the canopy at an abandoned filling station where we waited out a real toad strangler of a rain. When that passed we decided we had had enough and headed west on interstate to take Ark 21 back North to our motel in Eureka Springs. Road was covered with tree debris almost all the way back to within 20 miles of Eureka Springs. Slippery slime of green and water. Day one was a wash out so to speak. Good news is that we missed the hail storm that created the road mess, just dumb luck there. On the positive side, this is my first year on the Spyder after nearly an year of three wheel following over 50 years on two wheels and I was pleasantly surprised the my two wheeled companions could not stay with the Spyder in the corners. Made my day even if at the end it was a wet day. Hopefully, today will be dry.

Love my Spyder, hate the stormy weather.
    Last edited by Bartender; 05-16-2022 at 05:06 AM.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky