Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default COUNTERING INFLATION - my method of making Money

This is going to be VERY long, I advise saving it somewhere ( if you have a printer ... make a copy )so you can go back to it on a Rainy day ( like today for me ) ...I'm EXTREMELY Lerry of Advice from anyone other than my Priest.. especially if it involves MONEY ... my motivation in this Thread is ... I love everyone on this Forum, and my info can / will make you Money ... If you have any money in the bank - look at what you are getting for Interest - probably less than 2% .... At todays inflation rate , you are loosing 6% of that EVERY DAY ..... Three years ago I looked for better Interest Rates because I had $135,000 that was earning .06 % at my Bank ....; I did find some ON-LINE banks that were offering 2.5 % ....nice but not great .... So I looked into the Stock Market which I was not in .... My Brother had been investing for Decades and had been preety successful He followed Warren Buffet's mythology and it worked ... My Brother suggested using SCHWAB as my broker ( they charge pennies for any Stock transaction no matter how large or small ) ... I'm sure there are others, but I'm very happy with Schwab. .... Since my Bro has an account I used His acc # as my intro to Schwab .... Schwab gave me $100 for opening an account for $500.00, they give these for various investment amounts so check this out with a their brokers. The more your INITIAL investment $ start the more they pay to you for the privilege of using their services ( which are mostly FREE ) ..... How well have I done ???? ... three years ago I earned $ 8400.00, last year $ 34,500, this year $47,200 +.... I don't think my Bro has done has earned this amount in the past 3 Decades. But His strategy of investing ( Buffet's model ) isn't like mine .... I'm a DAY TRADER ( according to Schwab, and the Brokers I've talked with have commented that I've made a lot of money for the amount I've invested ) ... Just to be absolutely Honest, last year I actually lost $47,000 on a stock that TANKED, but recovered it later that year .. Right at this moment the Stock market is in a large CORRECTION and my portfolio is Down $ 67,000, and am I concerned NO - Why because it's only on PAPER, what does that mean - As long as I don't SELL anything ... I have Actually lost Nothing .... The Market will correct and Rise, in the entire History of the Market, it has ALWAYS happened .... My investment strategy is almost Tatally opposite of Warren B's ... He's long term , I'm SHORT term. ... I buy & sell the same stock on a daily basis , buy LOW sell High ... sounds complicated NO it isn't ... I first look for stocks that are very HIGH volume, meaning a lot of shares are traded every day ... I'm talking in the MILLIONS of shares - everyday.... Why , because you WILL always find a buyer for all your Shares every single minute of the day ..... Then I look for Consistency over long periods of time .... I track 20 stocks on a DAILY basis. .... So I know their price and more important - How much increase or decrease they have on a Daily basis ..... Let me move to the meat of this, I found a Stock that meets my criteria, and over the past 6 mo. has an average of .21 cents .... movement ( up/down ) .... On this single stock I have paid for my Spyder gas for every week this year. And this from buying and selling 350 shares on a daily basis. This Stocks avg. per day is in the $6.00 range, so about $2000.00 for your investment ... The Stock is SIRIUS XM ( type in SIRI stock ) you will see that days info and a chart .... it may look dramatic, but it isn't .... all the Stock quotation charts are shown in the context of rise and fall of the price ... on the left side is $ amount range, sometimes it's in pennies, sometimes in dollars, sometimes in increments of 10 -20- 50- 100's or even thousands of dollars ( on really high priced stocks ). I buy and sell this stock almost daily, I BID at bottom of where this stock often is and put in a Sell order ( when it's bought ) at what I think it will rise to. This may sound complicated but it isn't. I Highly recommend, if this interests you, go look at SIRI stock., and see if you understand what you see in the info I've given .... I'm NOT a broker, none of what I've said here is going to make me Anything. ..... I can get you my personal " recommendation " number if you chose Schwab, so YOU can get paid for staring an account ..... I GET NOTHING FROM THIS RECOMENDATION, only you will .... check out their $ amounts from Their Chart ... it's a sliding scale the mor eyou invest, the more they will give you ..... I hope at least some of you read this thread, it's made me quite a bit of money. I have ONLY invested money that I don't or won't need. It's money from my ( after death ) estate that will go to my two children. My goal has been the gain enough money to enable them to RETIRE after I pass. So far my method has worked. PS- I have NEVER purchased a Lottery ticket or ever Gambled - PERIOD .... If you have questions ... post them on this Thread - I will answer here , so everyone ( who might want the info also ) will get it ..... Mike .... PPS, if any of the Administrators think my Thread is inappropriate Please contact me before any action is taken .... Thank you ..... Mike[COLOR="#0000FF"]..... PPPS ... if you don't like this thread I'm fine with that .... However if you post ANYTHING RUDE I will flag it If you like it - click that button ... I'm sure this will prevent this occurrence . ... Thanks .... Mike ..Also concerning TAXES ... Schwab has " algorithms " that can consolidate all your transactions that makes reporting very simple at the end of the year. Any of the Brokers can tell you How to use them ( for FREE )
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-15-2022 at 03:07 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike, I did similarly but I considered myself a weekly trader. Up when the market opened and spent a minimum of 4/6 hrs a day on the laptop playing with penny stocks. In one year I doubled my original investment. It's not hard but it was too intense and time consuming for my liking. I still have my winnings on hold and maybe I'll go back someday. I locked on to a couple of penny stock daytraders and rode their coattails to gain knowledge and tips and they, like you, were very helpful. Research research and study is the key to success.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike, I love your post. You never cease to surprise me whether it tires, Spyder advice or market $. I have copied your post for file just in case the mods decide it's not appropriate.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Mike, I love your post. You never cease to surprise me whether it tires, Spyder advice or market $. I have copied your post for file just in case the mods decide it's not appropriate.
    Well this thread did give me pause .... but it was OK'd ....as " not likely to offend " ..... What has surprised me is the number of views ( 172 ) and only you and " 2dogs " have posted ..... Thanks for your interest and the compliments ... ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-16-2022 at 02:03 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Only two? That does surprise me, but it may increase, there are lots of people on this forum, surely there are those that would take an interest. I am surprised how many people don't have a clue about the stock market. At 89 I am happy I got in about 30 years ago. It ain't looking too good right now, but that's the way it is and there are many ways to play it. If ya don't want to do it the way Mike does, just get in for the long term, Vanguard has funds that track the S&P with insignificant or 0 fees OK, I've said enough.

Spyder Garage

When the market was rising pretty much non-stop, any idiot could make a profit with 0 knowledge. Mike's strategy is good for many stocks but requires a hands-on approach to buy/sell timing. For those with that much time to focus throughout the day/period, go for it! With the markets in the tank lately, if you can spare the cash, are a conservative type, tired of bank rates, and aren't looking for instant profits, you should look at the indexes to invest in. As stated, the markets always come back.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Good post. You have a plan, and you stick to it. It's when you deviate fro your plan that things go astray. A book I liked was "Way of the Turtle". Excellent read and mirrors your thoughts.
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Spyder Garage

Only two? That does surprise me, but it may increase, there are lots of people on this forum, surely there are those that would take an interest. I am surprised how many people don't have a clue about the stock market. At 89 I am happy I got in about 30 years ago. It ain't looking too good right now, but that's the way it is and there are many ways to play it. If ya don't want to do it the way Mike does, just get in for the long term, Vanguard has funds that track the S&P with insignificant or 0 fees OK, I've said enough.
    bb, this was a market Correction ( the Ukraine thing didn't help ) .... but you only lose money if you sell below your buy price .... and I'm not selling anything other than what I am doing with the SIRI stock.... and the SIRI makes me a bit of money almost everyday .... I NEVER would have started a Thread on this, if I hadn't already been doing it for awhile and been making money without any worries about it suddenly collapsing .... I did my homework and looked at what SIRI has done for the past 5 yrs.,,, I don't want anyone to just accept my info .... I DO expect everyone to do their homework and then make a decision, using ALL the info ... History is on the plus side for the Market ...... good luck to all ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    When the market was rising pretty much non-stop, any idiot could make a profit with 0 knowledge. Mike's strategy is good for many stocks but requires a hands-on approach to buy/sell timing. For those with that much time to focus throughout the day/period, go for it! With the markets in the tank lately, if you can spare the cash, are a conservative type, tired of bank rates, and aren't looking for instant profits, you should look at the indexes to invest in. As stated, the markets always come back.
    MY Thread is about " SIRI " stock, and what it's potential is for a minimum investment. .... I absolutely agree Stocks can /are complicated, and for most of them quite a bit research should be done ..... however what I said about SIRI is easily verifiable ( and it should be done by everyone ) .... To me it's an easy ( and as I proposed - SAFE ) way of making money ..... I'll report back and let everyone know how well or poorly I did for 30 days ...... good luck ... thanks for your comments .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike for your posting. You are a kind and generous man. If they will listen, teach this to your kids and let them make their own retirement. They will bless your name forever.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Thanks Mike for your posting. You are a kind and generous man. If they will listen, teach this to your kids and let them make their own retirement. They will bless your name forever.
    Thanks for responding, & the compliment. I have already schooled them in investing .... and they are well on their way .... My pension & SS checks cover all my needs and then some, so my yearly mandatory retirement withdrawal ( from a separate IRA ) is split between them, and they have been investing it ...... This SIRI stock thing is very close guaranteed money maker ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Hi Mike, back in May of last year you were going to report on your 30 day progress but I don't see an update. How's it been going?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Hi Mike, back in May of last year you were going to report on your 30 day progress but I don't see an update. How's it been going?
    Well I apologize for not doing an update ( the + 30 day thing )...... circumstances change over time as does the Stock Market .... wise people change based on current info ..... Well I pretty much stopped " Day trading " ( it required too much time ) ... I NOW invest Only for " DIVIDENDS " .... I am heavily invested in REITS ( real estate ). The top three are ... ARR ... OPI .... CIM .... Generally stocks etc. pay quarterly but ARR pays monthly ... They all have favorable payout histories .... on your computer just type in those letters ( & the word stock ) and you will see what they are doing ..... also go to DIVIDEND.COM & you can check the history for yourself ( which I highly advise you do ) ..... well my update is a bit late , but it is what it is ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for that Mike, are you in on commercial REITS these days? My financial ball tells me they are not in favor. I have to keep my Spyder going, having said that, it fits the forum,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well I apologize for not doing an update ( the + 30 day thing )...... circumstances change over time as does the Stock Market .... wise people change based on current info ..... Well I pretty much stopped " Day trading " ( it required too much time ) ... I NOW invest Only for " DIVIDENDS " .... I am heavily invested in REITS ( real estate ). The top three are ... ARR ... OPI .... CIM .... Generally stocks etc. pay quarterly but ARR pays monthly ... They all have favorable payout histories .... on your computer just type in those letters ( & the word stock ) and you will see what they are doing ..... also go to DIVIDEND.COM & you can check the history for yourself ( which I highly advise you do ) ..... well my update is a bit late , but it is what it is ..... Mike
    You're out of SIRI then?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    You're out of SIRI then?
    At the moment YES, but I'm watching it ..... it's at a very low price, but still moves up & down .10 to .20 per day. It's at its Historical LOW, ... what isn't attractive is its Dividends ..... What I buy now are REITS .... and I buy them because they pay much higher than avg. dividends .... their price fluctuations, don't matter to me, because I'm not actively trading them. Dividends are mostly STATIC, they generally remain the same. .....Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-12-2023 at 07:29 PM. Reason: ' 's + ;-)

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that Mike, are you in on commercial REITS these days? My financial ball tells me they are not in favor. I have to keep my Spyder going, having said that, it fits the forum,
    A mix of Both, and as far as REITS go, I did quite a bit of research on them, and picked the (IMHO) safest ones. Everything is a gamble when it all boils down to it... Three years ago, I had $125,000 in a Bank which was paying me 1/4 % interest .... Research is your friend... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-12-2023 at 07:30 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At the moment YES, but I'm watching it ..... it's at a very low price, but still moves up & down .10 to .20 per day. It's at its Historical LOW, ... what isn't attractive is its Dividends ..... What I buy now are REITS .... and I buy them because they pay much higher than avg. dividends .... their price fluctuations, don't matter to me, because I'm not actively trading them. Dividends are mostly STATIC, they generally remain the same. .....Mike
    Were you up or down on it when you got out?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-12-2023 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike, so far you seem to be staying in front but any insights on a plan for when inflation makes dollars worthless? Seems it's all downhill from here, a la' Weimar Republic, Zimbabwe etc. Great if you can purchase something with the cash but if you need a wheelbarrow full of the stuff whats the point?

OIP.jpg
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Mike, so far you seem to be staying in front but any insights on a plan for when inflation makes dollars worthless? Seems it's all downhill from here, a la' Weimar Republic, Zimbabwe etc. Great if you can purchase something with the cash but if you need a wheelbarrow full of the stuff whats the point?

OIP.jpg
    Any predictions on when that will be, Cobwebs?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

General consensus is it started in 2008 but through fair means or foul the day of reckoning has been extended out till now. All the crazy gyrations of the last few years are the indicators of an attempt at a reset. It's failing hence the madness we see daily. History tells us when it sinks it sinks quickly so I was wondering if Mike has this factored into his calculations and if so would he mind passing on his thoughts.
    Do you see disaster ahead or will it always maintain an upward trend ?

Spyder Garage

Were you up or down on it when you got out?
    I was up..... I was " day trading " it. ... I put " low ball " bids in .... sometimes it took a week or more to buy & immed. put a sell order in for .15 over what I paid for it....again it might take a week or more, but when it hit my target price I would start all over again. I wasn't making thousands of dollars, only hundred or so. ... But those small gains add up..... I'm lucky, I don't consider this as being " my money ", I'm using my children's inheritance money ..... they know what I'm doing and so far are pleased with it ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post

OIP.jpg
    ... My Financial opinion is the U.S. is trying to out-do Venezuela in Stupid .... When any Government prints money like some folks print " newspaper " you get run-away inflation. Even if you invest in Gold or any hard object/item in order to use that, you have to sell it for .....DOLLARS OR SOME TYPE OF CURRENCY .... If the Gold or other object is worth more when you sell it, your still dealing with an INFLATED Currency. .... I haven't figured out a way to beat inflation. .... If you have ,please share ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-12-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

Pete - IMHO we are getting there Every day..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-12-2023 at 09:17 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

... My Financial opinion is the U.S. is trying to out-do Venezuela in Stupid .... When any Government prints money like some folks print " newspaper " you get run-away inflation. Even if you invest in Gold or any hard object/item in order to use that, you have to sell it for .....DOLLARS OR SOME TYPE OF CURRENCY .... If the Gold or other object is worth more when you sell it, your still dealing with an INFLATED Currency. .... I haven't figured out a way to beat inflation. .... If you have ,please share ..... Mike
    I'm just keeping the bank account to a bare minimum to pay the bills. Have all the hard assets I need.Following advice from like minded individuals like your good self and observing the panic from slave masters as their scheme crumbles to it's inevitable end.
    Those left standing then have the task of the rebuild to an equitable system minus the inflation from the corruption that produced it.
    Quite the privilege to witness it all really, these sorts of upheavals are millenniums in the making though many won't survive it is my feeling.