Spyder Garage

Default What do you think of the 2022 RTL Running board lights?

Hello all. My '22 RTL wiil be ready for pickup soon. My dealer wants to know if I want the factory running board lights installed. What does everyone think? Are running board lights useful? If so, should I go with factory or aftermarket? I have the ability to install either type. Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
    Hello all. My '22 RTL wiil be ready for pickup soon. My dealer wants to know if I want the factory running board lights installed. What does everyone think? Are running board lights useful? If so, should I go with factory or aftermarket? I have the ability to install either type. Thanks
    Running board lights are more prone too being damaged IMO. I believe the rear front fender running/signal lights are much more efficient and serve the safety factor better. JMHO........Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

factory well protected we get lotsa complements also great for being seen at night

Spyder Garage

I have them on my 2020 RTL and they are quite bright at night. The product looks to be very well made as well. The only feature I wish it offered is turn signal functionality like one of the aftermarket products provides. But I don't think the aftermarket product looks to be as well protected as this OEM item is (just an LED strip that surrounds the floorboard vs the OEM product that integrates with the floorboard.
    2020 RT Limited - Chalk Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Install the oem. The aftermarket ones that have switchback amber/white turn signals are cool but I highly doubt they are anywhere close to the same quality. I installed the oem's on my new Spyder (well the dealer did), I ordered them with the bike to begin with. They are hella bright and very well made. I was just inspecting mine up close today when I was installing my floorboard risers. It is a solid cast aluminum piece that is bolted onto the bottom of the floorboard. The led's are totally encased in a plastic cover. I'm sure they could be damaged but nothing like an led string could. The led's will definitely help to get you noticed. Day or night.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

For anybody using the CanAm's, does the floorboard riser present an issue with the install?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    For anybody using the CanAm's, does the floorboard riser present an issue with the install?
    Absolutely not. Fyi I am referring to the BRP led's and Lamonster risers.
    Last edited by FrogmanDave; 05-16-2022 at 08:52 AM.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Install the oem. The aftermarket ones that have switchback amber/white turn signals are cool but I highly doubt they are anywhere close to the same quality. I installed the oem's on my new Spyder (well the dealer did), I ordered them with the bike to begin with. They are hella bright and very well made. I was just inspecting mine up close today when I was installing my floorboard risers. It is a solid cast aluminum piece that is bolted onto the bottom of the floorboard. The led's are totally encased in a plastic cover. I'm sure they could be damaged but nothing like an led string could. The led's will definitely help to get you noticed. Day or night.
    I have the aftermarket ones that are white and change to flashing amber with the turn indicators. They have been excellent for the 1.5 years I have had them. I love how bright they are and light light the road on each side of me.

Spyder Garage

You can't have to many lights.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
    Tell the dealer you'd rather have the integrated cup holders and the auxiliary light switch bank... Then when they tell you they offer neither, just look at them and nod your head slowly... m-hmm... LOL!
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red