Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Limited review 2019

On the fence on an RT-L or F3-L and the dealership had one F3-L with 5k miles on it (orange) 2019 "special series" I believe so I took it out for a quick spin.

This bike reminds me of my 2013 RS-S in many ways, with feet being slightly forward. Brake pedal is concerningly forward where I almost missed it first time at a light due to RS/RT muscle-memory. ( Also owned an RT-L 2013 (wife's))

Spyder felt light similar to the RS-S with the standard steering. Braking was crisp. Handling was also RS-S-like but suspension was a little bouncy. Road imperfections made it upset a bit. Wind protection was also RS-S like. Seat was sublime.

This F3 is decent, though I question the price-point. It's really $5k over what it should be, but honestly all Can-Am Spyders seem to be priced as-such.. just a little over what it should be. Still, it's nice enough, but I need a tourer.

Didn't like it though.. not enough. Probably not great for long-distance touring (aka 1000+ miles) so..

Looking for a 2018+ RT at some point that's been well-maintained. I'll hang out here until I see a good one!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikecronis View Post
    On the fence on an RT-L or F3-L and the dealership had one F3-L with 5k miles on it (orange) 2019 "special series" I believe so I took it out for a quick spin.

This bike reminds me of my 2013 RS-S in many ways, with feet being slightly forward. Brake pedal is concerningly forward where I almost missed it first time at a light due to RS/RT muscle-memory. ( Also owned an RT-L 2013 (wife's))

Spyder felt light similar to the RS-S with the standard steering. Braking was crisp. Handling was also RS-S-like but suspension was a little bouncy. Road imperfections made it upset a bit. Wind protection was also RS-S like. Seat was sublime.

This F3 is decent, though I question the price-point. It's really $5k over what it should be, but honestly all Can-Am Spyders seem to be priced as-such.. just a little over what it should be. Still, it's nice enough, but I need a tourer.

Didn't like it though.. not enough. Probably not great for long-distance touring (aka 1000+ miles) so..

Looking for a 2018+ RT at some point that's been well-maintained. I'll hang out here until I see a good one!
    My ".02 cents worth" I had a 2012 RTL, First Spyder, it was OK but lacked room for 2-UP riding. I'm 190 lbs and the wife is about the same (full figured). We are 70-ish years old. Bought the 2020 RTL new, seating was a great improvement. We love the added features. Before you buy, make sure you try a 2020+ RTL; Age and a persons size has a lot to determine as too which Spyder fits the best. We are so happy we waited for '20+ style RTL........Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

I came for Harleys for many years. I went with the F3L and couldn't be happier. Have done a few trips (longest being ~3700 miles) and have never felt that I was missing anything by going with the F3. The F3 seating fits me better as the RT felt more like a Glowing (siting on top of the bike instead of in the bike)
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .