Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbird View Post
    I do like taller bars on my bikes, but with the position of the mirrors, i am concerned that the Helibars are going to put my hands right in the view of the mirrors.
    I have my F3 bars lifted about a high as i can go and see my mirrors just over my wrist. If anything i would like to go higher.

Can you folks that have the Helibars tell me if you can see your current mirrors, or did you have to add new mirrors? Thanks
    Jbird, there are soooooo many factors at play in being able to see out the stock mirrors with taller handlebars, like physique, need to see “everything” behind you, etc etc. I have my Helibars very upright (I lengthened the fitting slot), and I can see my stock mirrors with a bit of interference from my hands. I have angled the stock mirrors pretty low, because you really don’t need to see the sky behind you (unless you are possibly being pursued by an eagle), just approaching traffic. I have also installed Lamont cuffs and some Puig mirrors on the handlebars, which give you a pretty good rear view, but in all honesty, no better that the slightly limited view from the stock bars……the Puig slightly block the view directly behind you due to shoulder/arm interference, while the stock mirrors only have the bottom of my elbows showing in the upper corner, meaning a complete view behind.

I have now removed the Puig mirrors as I prefer the look without them, and they really are redundant if you can find the correct angle for the stock mirrors. Of course, if your hands are fully blocking the stock mirrors, all of the above is useless to you and you will have to go with handlebar mirrors anyway

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Jbird, there are soooooo many factors at play in being able to see out the stock mirrors with taller handlebars, like physique, need to see “everything” behind you, etc etc. I have my Helibars very upright (I lengthened the fitting slot), and I can see my stock mirrors with a bit of interference from my hands. I have angled the stock mirrors pretty low, because you really don’t need to see the sky behind you (unless you are possibly being pursued by an eagle), just approaching traffic. I have also installed Lamont cuffs and some Puig mirrors on the handlebars, which give you a pretty good rear view, but in all honesty, no better that the slightly limited view from the stock bars……the Puig slightly block the view directly behind you due to shoulder/arm interference, while the stock mirrors only have the bottom of my elbows showing in the upper corner, meaning a complete view behind.

I have now removed the Puig mirrors as I prefer the look without them, and they really are redundant if you can find the correct angle for the stock mirrors. Of course, if your hands are fully blocking the stock mirrors, all of the above is useless to you and you will have to go with handlebar mirrors anyway

Pete
    Have you tried mirror extenders? They do help. That said, after elongating the pin hole and getting the bars more upright, I'll throw on a OEM mirror and check it out. I do have a F3 though, so different mirrors. ** Handlebar controls are in direct line of sight with OEM mirrors**.
    https://www.amazon.com/Aramox-Mirror...ve%2C99&sr=1-2
    Last edited by troop; 05-20-2022 at 12:32 PM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0123 View Post
    So, just throwing this out there. I put an UltimTe seat on my 2021 RTL, and now I have a little pain in my upper back and neck. So I feel like I need to bring the handlebars back, but not up. Has anyone else experienced that?
    Am I thinking about this right … back without raising them? Is that even a thing?

Thanks
    I've been so, SO tempted in purchasing an Ultimate seat ever since I got my bike 2 years ago.

But it's just a little too rich for my taste. Plus, I have a vacation in Hawaii planned and would rather spend the money on a sport fishing trip for tuna, mahi or yup, even a marlin !!
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
    I've been so, SO tempted in purchasing an Ultimate seat ever since I got my bike 2 years ago.

But it's just a little too rich for my taste. Plus, I have a vacation in Hawaii planned and would rather spend the money on a sport fishing trip for tuna, mahi or yup, even a marlin !!
    Try my AirHawk this Sunday-------- About $90 and it's adjustable.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Try my AirHawk this Sunday-------- About $90 and it's adjustable.
    I actually have one.

I still get occasional hot spots though. It's either I don't have it adjusted quite right with the amount of air needed to make it comfortable, or I just don't have enough fat on my a**, lol.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Adjustment has to be good it's true. I've adjusted a few times to get it right. When I switch it over to the poor, old, slow V-Max I have to add a touch as the aftermarket saddle is hard.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Have you tried mirror extenders? They do help. That said, after elongating the pin hole and getting the bars more upright, I'll throw on a OEM mirror and check it out. I do have a F3 though, so different mirrors. ** Handlebar controls are in direct line of sight with OEM mirrors**.
    https://www.amazon.com/Aramox-Mirror...ve%2C99&sr=1-2
    Yeah, I’m sure something like mirror extenders would work to clear my shoulders, Troop, but I suppose if I am being perfectly honest with myself I prefer the look without the handlebar mirrors, especially with the Helibars sitting as high as mini apes, so I am probably allowing that bias to influence me. I

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red