Spyder Garage

Default What's the High pitched whining sound? Anyone else? Is it normal?

In the almost one year that I have owned my 2021 RT I have had zero mechanical issues, and I have put almost 5,000 miles on this great ride. But there is one thing that bugs me and I have no idea if this is normal or something I should get a mechanic to look at. When riding, in addition to the deeper sound of the engine, there is an almost constant whining sound, except when riding slowly. Not a deal breaker, but annoying. Anyone else have this issue? Is this normal Spyder sounds? Thanks for any responses.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

It's normal. Do a search for belt whine and read away.

It started around 2020 with the new body style. BRP has changed the pulley to a white pulley that was supposed to stop the noise but the results are all over the place. After playing around with the belt tension to no avail (some says that a lower belt tension stopped this on their ride, not mine) I started messing around with the belt tracking and finally that stopped "most" of the whine but not all of it. I have either gotten used to it or it's stopped because I no longer hear it.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

As far back as I can remember, many Spyders develop this annoying sound. I put a different belt tensioner on that solved mine.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I had a high-pitched sound between 45 and 55 and it ended up being that I had to have the dealer change the front pulley. There was a recall due to the design. The new pulley is white. I also had them install a belt tensioner as mine (21 RT SE6) did not have one.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    As far back as I can remember, many Spyders develop this annoying sound. I put a different belt tensioner on that solved mine.
    what kind of Belt Tensioner did you put on yours ???
    2011 RTS Spyder