Spyder Garage

Spyder Hey Ya'll We Got A New Member! Lets welcome drummertom to SL

Welcome drummertom, post up a hello, introduce yourself & get that 1st post notch on your Spyder!

Thanks for joining our forum community drummertom, from the staff at Can-Am Spyder & Ryker Three Wheel Motorcycles.

Here's some helpful links to start you along your journey here @SL:
    Forum Rules and Guidelines
    Do's & Don'ts for new Spyder Owners
    Check out & add your Spyder to the Garage
    Check the Visited Maps page & add your traveled Map to your signature

Do NOT post support questions here, please post them in the appropriate forum once your account is approved.

Spyder Garage

Default New to Spyder world

My widowed next door neighbor is an absolutely wonderful person. Her and her deceased husband both rode Spyders. I got hers up and running after replacing the gas tank, fuel pump, and sender. Now I have moved on the her husbands. I replaced the fuel pump module in it and got it running, replaced spark plugs, and some brake work. It does run now but most or the time, under acceleration, it bogs and spits. This is while sitting still, haven't tried to ride it yet. I was wondering if the fuel pressure regulator could be at fault and any way to test it? Is there something else to look at? I feel like I am getting good pressure through the pump but not to the injectors. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I also just noticed if I try to ride it, it goes into limp mode, and will not go into reverse. I feel like the two are related, but unsure of why it goes into limp mode.
    Last edited by drummertom; 05-14-2022 at 02:32 PM.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum Drummertom. I hope you enjoy it. You can find lots of good information here on the different models of Spyders and Rykers in the different areas of the forum. This is the welcome area and questions will get better attetion in the other areas of the forum so you should post in the area of the forum that applies like the RT, F3, GS or Ryker area of the forum for help where more members will see your question. You should also say what model, year miles you have etc. you have on whatever your working on because some years and models are different motors and setups. When you see your name turn blue that is when you will be able to post in other areas. Your problem could be a few things depending on the year of the Spyder Vaccuum hoses, or canister purge system. So try reposting in the area of the forum that applies when you can with more info on the Spyder you area working on and I'm sure you will get some help. Good Luck with your project, I hope to see you around the forum soon.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Thanx!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by drummertom View Post
    My widowed next door neighbor is an absolutely wonderful person. Her and her deceased husband both rode Spyders. I got hers up and running after replacing the gas tank, fuel pump, and sender. Now I have moved on the her husbands. I replaced the fuel pump module in it and got it running, replaced spark plugs, and some brake work. It does run now but most or the time, under acceleration, it bogs and spits. This is while sitting still, haven't tried to ride it yet. I was wondering if the fuel pressure regulator could be at fault and any way to test it? Is there something else to look at? I feel like I am getting good pressure through the pump but not to the injectors. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I also just noticed if I try to ride it, it goes into limp mode, and will not go into reverse. I feel like the two are related, but unsure of why it goes into limp mode.
    Welcome to the forums! And +1 for CopperSpyder's comment. There are a lot of smart folks here on the various boards. If you go through the "shop talk" sub areas, pick the one that is most relative to your Spyder (your intro didn't mention year, model, or trim. If you really don't know, it's easy enough to find out with the VIN and a quick call to a Can Am dealer. It sounds like you may become the owner of a Spyder soon enough - and possibly have made a friend while doing it. Mazel-Tov!
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red