I have a 2014 RT with 33k miles and recently moved to Lake County in Central Florida.

On a bit of a whim I had a tow package installed. The thought was maybe camping in a motorcycle pop-up camper (now less likely) or perhaps a Freedom Trailer to allow touring with my lady who simply needs to bring more than 2 pairs of jeans on a long trip. But then I had a silly inspiration.

Lake County Florida has thousands of named lake and water recreation is a big thing. My new community has a boat ramp that connects with the Harris-Chain-of-Lakes which provides a lot to explore and can even get you all the way to the ocean through a connection to the St. Johns River. With my new tow package could I tow the lightest Sea-Doo?

I know that the tow limit is 400# and we know that it is not the max capability but attention must be paid. Unfortunately the dry weight of the Sea-Doo Spark is about 400#. Add a trailer, fluids, you are at least 550#. Sounds iffy to me. Even if I just keep it in the county to get to different boat ramps, some of those trips, while short, can easily reach 55 mph. Perhaps not good for Spyder engine and transmission?

Two other concerns:
With only one tire in the back am I risking sliding Spyder into the water on a slippery boat ramp?
Dealership pointed out that relatively low profile tow ball could require me to back the Spyder into the water more to properly float the Sea Doo.

One thought, could I only launch from my community boat ramp? I am only going 15 mph in the community and only a short ryde from my garage to ramp. Would still open up many lakes for fun and there are fueling stops along the paths.

Anyone have insightful theories? Anyone have real life experience? Anyone here use their Spyder to tow light weight water craft? Would be a fun picture for a Spyder to pull a Sea-Doo but I am interested in cool water Rydes during the summer!

Thanks for any input...
Walter