Spyder Garage

Post Anyone seen or used Arboreal Systems Neutrino Aurora Plus?

Anyone here seen or used this ? I'm in the market for one only because NONE of the 5 dealers I spoke with have any idea about how to add switches to a Can Am. The system by Arboreal is really pretty slick, but it is pricey. It does, however, solve the problem that BRP obviously overlooked.
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Been using one for about 2 years. I like it. For switching you use a phone app unless you use something on the bike as a driver. The new Apogee system can get info from the CANbus to control other things, soon to be released.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Been using it for 4 years, chunk.
    It runs my heated gear, driving lights off a high beam trigger and switch, usb sockets, GPS, plus, since it connects to the battery, I run my battery tender through it. There’s a bit of a learning curve when you first connect/configure as there are so many options, but having it operate as both a relay and fuse make wiring a breeze.
    Yes, it’s expensive, but I love it…..removes any issues with Bus conflicts.

Pete.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Pete, have you set your heated gear up yet so that it automatically adjust to the outside varying temperature? I have played with that some but not enuff to leave it in that configuration.

Everyone should get a giggle out of this. The first time I used it with the heated gear I was using the sliders and had top and pants on separate channels. Nice 175 miles trip, slightly below freezing, perfect test weather. Started at about 1/2 power. Bottom OK top slightly cold. Slide the top towards 100 % slightly, slide the bottom down a bit. 10 miles down the road the top still cold, bottoms warmer. Slide it some more. 10 more miles down the road top getting real cold, bottoms getting real toasty. Dummy, you got them plugged in backwards!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Been using one for about 2 years. I like it. For switching you use a phone app unless you use something on the bike as a driver. The new Apogee system can get info from the CANbus to control other things, soon to be released.
    Thanks for the reply. The Aurora+ is already pretty pricey. That Apogee system is supposed to be upwards of $1,000USD! But it does seem to respond to a basic OVERSIGHT by BRP - WHERE can you mount aux light swtich banks on a Can Am? I went to 5 different shops with so-called factory authorized mechs; NONE of them had any earthly idea what to do. When I suggested cutting into one of the top panels they looked at me like I was gluing an extra head on Buddha! Sacrilege! Blasphemer! Infidel! - yeah, whatever, I just want to add switches to my bike... So the Aurora actually fills that void. Im ok with the price of it, since I've been told that if I have a shop add lighting to the bike the price will run about $350+ for the shop time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    It runs my heated gear, driving lights off a high beam trigger and switch, usb sockets, GPS, plus, since it connects to the battery, I run my battery tender through it. There’s a bit of a learning curve when you first connect/configure as there are so many options, but having it operate as both a relay and fuse make wiring a breeze.

Pete.
    Thanks, Pete! I'm looking forward to getting. Dan (CEO, Arboreal) says they'll be back in full swing as of the first week in June 22. I didn't think about adding my GPS to it - that's a cool idea! On my last 3 bikes (2 wheeler HD) I just wired it to the switched power circuit on the canBUS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chunkmonk View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The Aurora+ is already pretty pricey. That Apogee system is supposed to be upwards of $1,000USD! But it does seem to respond to a basic OVERSIGHT by BRP - WHERE can you mount aux light swtich banks on a Can Am? I went to 5 different shops with so-called factory authorized mechs; NONE of them had any earthly idea what to do. When I suggested cutting into one of the top panels they looked at me like I was gluing an extra head on Buddha! Sacrilege! Blasphemer! Infidel! - yeah, whatever, I just want to add switches to my bike... So the Aurora actually fills that void. Im ok with the price of it, since I've been told that if I have a shop add lighting to the bike the price will run about $350+ for the shop time.
    Yeah, I actually wired my driving lights (auxiliary spot lights) via my Aurora to trigger when there was no voltage detected from the low beam lights, Chunkmonk. I did this as finding the high beam cable to use as a trigger was a significant task on my F3-L, whereas the low beam cable was behind one panel. It is not strictly legal as we are supposed to have a switch out here in Oz, but I see no issue with having them come on automatically with high beam as I dim my lights when I see approaching traffic anyway…..works a treat.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Pete, have you set your heated gear up yet so that it automatically adjust to the outside varying temperature? I have played with that some but not enuff to leave it in that configuration.

Everyone should get a giggle out of this. The first time I used it with the heated gear I was using the sliders and had top and pants on separate channels. Nice 175 miles trip, slightly below freezing, perfect test weather. Started at about 1/2 power. Bottom OK top slightly cold. Slide the top towards 100 % slightly, slide the bottom down a bit. 10 miles down the road the top still cold, bottoms warmer. Slide it some more. 10 more miles down the road top getting real cold, bottoms getting real toasty. Dummy, you got them plugged in backwards!
    Sorry Ed, I missed this post. No I am not keen on using ambient temp as a trigger. My Zarkie gear has a BT handlebar mounted controller, and it is so easy to toggle between off, low, medium, high and back to off.
    Love the “back-to-front” story. We have ALL done that at some time, so we can’t laugh TOO hard.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Neutrino - update

Anyone here seen or used this ? I'm in the market for one only because NONE of the 5 dealers I spoke with have any idea about how to add switches to a Can Am. The system by Arboreal is really pretty slick, but it is pricey. It does, however, solve the problem that BRP obviously overlooked.
    Received my Neutrino Plus yesterday! Lots of delays, and according to the supplier, they are already out of stock and do not know when they can get more. If anyone can point me in the right direction for installation, I'd be grateful. I'm also ordering the RLS today, so I'm winding down to the end of my mods (at least for now, I guess!).

Spyder Garage

Received my Neutrino Plus yesterday! Lots of delays, and according to the supplier, they are already out of stock and do not know when they can get more. If anyone can point me in the right direction for installation, I'd be grateful. I'm also ordering the RLS today, so I'm winding down to the end of my mods (at least for now, I guess!).
    Not sure what you mean by “right direction for installation”, Chunkmonk?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Are you hunting best place to install it or how to program it?

Spyder Garage

Peteoz - where did you finally mount the Aurora Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post

Pete.
    Pete, can you post a photo of how you got it mounted? I am trying to mount one on a 2022 RT-L and don't see a good place to attach it. Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-16-2022 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Many don't see post titles, just thread titles! :-/

Spyder Garage

Looking for the best place to mount it. Thanks !!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HastingsRider View Post
    Peteoz - where did you finally mount the Aurora Plus?
    Pete, can you post a photo of how you got it mounted? I am trying to mount one on a 2022 RT-L and don't see a good place to attach it. Thanks
    Sorry Hastings, missed your post. This is the same place I mounted it on my F3-L……just above and behind the frunk, under the black cover panel. It is simply velcroed on the base. Easy access to add new gear. Excuse the rats nest but I added gear as I bought it, not all at once. I’ve got heated gear, led accessory lights, usb power outlets, Garmin XT, Battery Tender. Works well for me.

The yellow cable runs to the accessory plug on the right of the body. It’s the trigger to turn on.

Pete
    4CB35B4A-86C2-48EE-BED1-DA5EB5BBF97F.jpeg
    Last edited by Peteoz; 10-18-2022 at 12:52 AM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Pete, I Love the blue wire, that's the most important one in the rat's nets!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Pete thanks for the picture and the reply. Is the picture from an F3 or an RT ? I have a 2022 rt. Thanks again !!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Pete, I Love the blue wire, that's the most important one in the rat's nets!!!
    Hahaha…..I was going to mention it, Mikey. I actually tried all sorts of fastening options, but then I went for “simple”, just like me
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Pete thanks for the picture and the reply. Is the picture from an F3 or an RT ? I have a 2022 rt. Thanks again !!
    It is effectively the same fitment on both models, Hastings, but that is on my RT. Just be careful of little gotchas and possible features with the Neutrino….
    1) I added Lamont’s usb and cigar lighter power plug. The cigar plug was to let me plug in my tire air pump, but every time I turned it on, it would run for one second and stop. Yep, the circuit only allowed a max throughput of 8 amps, and it drew 10. It took less than 30 seconds to up it to 11. It runs perfectly now.
    2) I added driving lights to my F3. Out here, they are only allowed to operate via a switch, and then only when high beam is on. The high beam cable was hard to get at on the F3, so I tapped into low beam and configured the Neutrino to only operate the driving lights when there was zero draw on the low beam.

The Neutrino really does make adding powered accessories a breeze. Sure, it’s expensive, but worth every penny to me. It’s one of those “allow for” items at time of purchase, like a Daylong seat or Helibars.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Pete thanks so much for the information. I will look for that spot on my 2022 and go from there !!. Sorry for all the questions as i am overly cautious on anything electrical.

Spyder Garage

Pete thanks so much for the information. I will look for that spot on my 2022 and go from there !!. Sorry for all the questions as i am overly cautious on anything electrical.
    No issue, Hastings…..if there is any help I can provide, I will. Every little tip helps when you are installing a product for the first time.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.