Spyder Garage

Default How do I Re-snap the front speaker grill into place?

When I hit a deer last October everything on the dash and front needed replaced. Everything was repaired and its running great. Yesterday is was cruising along after work. The bike sat in direct sun all day and it was 82 degrees. I think the heat softened and stretched some plastic. I heard a pop looked over and my front right speaker cover/ webbed cover on the dash unsnapped. I see the tabs ( one facing steering column, one up top right corner and another bottom right corner but it looks like it needs snapped in from underneath. I went to resnap but no way without breaking the tabs from the top. Do I need to remove the entire dash, shield, cluster everything to snap back in the speaker cover on the dash. Spyder Rt 2017. I will be taking it back to the shop if I do. Its covered under the insurance for any additional repairs.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    When I hit a deer last October everything on the dash and front needed replaced. Everything was repaired and its running great. Yesterday is was cruising along after work. The bike sat in direct sun all day and it was 82 degrees. I think the heat softened and stretched some plastic. I heard a pop looked over and my front right speaker cover/ webbed cover on the dash unsnapped. I see the tabs ( one facing steering column, one up top right corner and another bottom right corner but it looks like it needs snapped in from underneath. I went to resnap but no way without breaking the tabs from the top. Do I need to remove the entire dash, shield, cluster everything to snap back in the speaker cover on the dash. Spyder Rt 2017. I will be taking it back to the shop if I do. Its covered under the insurance for any additional repairs.
    On my 14 RT to put the cover back I put just a tiny dap of dish soap on the clips and it popped back in easily,... the soap will dry out so that's not a problem later .... I also drilled a tiny hole in the upper right corner and put in a very small screw just to give me peace of mind .... good luck ... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-12-2022 at 11:11 AM.

Spyder Garage

I've pulled that cover a few times on my '20 RT while routing wires. I know it's scary but you need to flex the panel into place. I start at the top and bow the grill to get the lower tabs under dash.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've removed and replaced the speaker grills on my 14 several times doing repairs and modifications without damaging them. As RayBJ said, they will flex and bow enough to remove and replace. Just take your time and work on them slowly.

Spyder Garage

Here is a video for ya.
    Shows removal and refitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlzLAFT_EcA

Spyder Garage

After sitting in the sun all day the grill was pretty bendable. Snapped in and the same side popped out instantly. I reversed the snapping process. Snapped the large clip towards the steering column in first and really had to bend and pry the outside and it snapped together tight. I’ll watch it. It seems the large clip is a touch to short. If it pops off again I’ll have the dealer purchase new one with a new subliminal. The rt is totally different than F3 but thanks for all the input. Looking at picture below the pinky (left side first) pointer finger second. Center top 3rd and bottom right 4th is the process to keep the left side snapped in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wmoater; 05-12-2022 at 07:22 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's been awhile since I took mine out and put back in, but I think I put the top and end tabs in first, with some bending. And then I squeeze and bend as needed to line up the lower tab and a firm fist bump snaps it into place. For me the firm fist bump is the key.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)