Spyder Garage

Post What's the Status of WV Spyder Riders? Still exist in any form?

Just wondering if this still exists in any form. I just got into spyder riding after 50 years of 2 wheeling. I've seen a few spyders on the road, so I'm wondering if you're still out in the WV area...
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Ok. Looks like a ghost town. All the riders that did respond to other threads was (on average) like 10 years or more old. I'm guessing all the WV riders have either died off or moved to another state ? Odd because I saw a handful of them riding up 340 into Charles Town about 4 or 5 days back, and yesterday I saw a group of 3 riding North on Shepherdstown Pike... I guess they must be visitors from out-of-town... [crickets]
    2021 F3 L , Stock Plugs (COILS, NOT WIRES!) Stock Brake Pedal Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Not surprisingly, only 1 other Spyder rider I've met has heard of this forum. Seems many use Fakebook groups.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

It does seem that organized Spyder groups are few and far between. I know of none at the moment in our area.

When Spyders first came out in 2008, I tried to organize a group in AK. It ran for five rides or so...then people lost interest. We were also members of a multi brand group in those years. We were members for almost 10 years. We had up to 50 bikes on a good night.

Since moving to Arkansas (2019) we have been on a few rides with Spyderlovers we have met on site, but no organized rides. Kind of sad, since we live in a prime touring area. We can go 100 miles in any direction and pretty much have the country roads to ourselves. The scenic, good stuff, with twisties, and even a mountain to climb if we head SE.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red