Spyder Garage

Default I thought you guys were full of crap

But you guys were not full of crap, Baja Ron and a few others said give it time you will like your new spyder, After Baja Ron sway bar, new Helibars, seat reworked and 1,700 miles, I really like this darn thing, I spent 45 years on two wheels and the Spyder was hard to learn, Now I make up excuses to ride my house and yard are getting neglected lol Thanks for all the encouragement

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the club! My yard work suffers as well!

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

I guess I'm lucky. My wife has decided that she doesn't like to ride but she loves to run the mower and do yard work. Sometimes I feel a little guilty when I'm out riding and she's mowing the lawn, but that feeling passes quickly. I did buy her a new JD Z trac 54" mower and she loves to run it so I guess she's out riding also on her choice of rides. I've got to school her some on the use of the string trimmer and weeding the planting beds around the house.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

I was same way last July when I got my Spyder . I have had some kind of 2 wheeler most of my life , but now , since I turned 71 yesterday May 10th ... i had completely stopped riding my Goldwing . but... it took me a few weeks to feel comfortable riding my Spyder .. but NOW ... I wouldn't have anything else !
    2011 RTS Spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cirhere View Post
    But you guys were not full of crap, . . . . Now I make up excuses to ride my house and yard are getting neglected . . .
    hehehe, I used to define the difference between a rider and a poser as: A rider looks for every excuse, reason and rationalization to go for a ride while a poser looks for every excuse, reason and rationalization to not ride. I've been riding two wheelers since 1968 but had a 20 year break from 1980 to 2000 then began to make up for lost time being a "rider" and have now accumulated a little over 500K miles total with 10K of that on our Spyder since Sept. of 2017. I'm still riding the bikes considerably more than the Spyder but doing as my body dictates when it's time to take the Spyder for a more relaxed time on the road.
    Last edited by cruisinTX; 05-11-2022 at 11:12 AM.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Some learning curves are different glad didn’t give up early, now
    onto the next

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Hopefully putting my new bar on soon as well. Already have the links but I know the bar will make a huge difference. Got one for the wife's ryker as well. When I finish with my remaining mods, I'll post some pics.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yabbadabbadoo View Post
    Welcome to the club! My yard work suffers as well!
    Thank God. And here I thought I was the only one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I guess I'm lucky. My wife has decided that she doesn't like to ride but she loves to run the mower and do yard work. Sometimes I feel a little guilty when I'm out riding and she's mowing the lawn, but that feeling passes quickly. I did buy her a new JD Z trac 54" mower and she loves to run it so I guess she's out riding also on her choice of rides. I've got to school her some on the use of the string trimmer and weeding the planting beds around the house.
    Does she have a sister?
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

But you guys were not full of crap, Baja Ron and a few others said give it time you will like your new spyder, After Baja Ron sway bar, new Helibars, seat reworked and 1,700 miles, I really like this darn thing, I spent 45 years on two wheels and the Spyder was hard to learn, Now I make up excuses to ride my house and yard are getting neglected lol Thanks for all the encouragement
    Well, my wife says I've always been full of something!

But I have to say - AWESOME to your post!

My experience in January of 2008 was cringe worthy, to put it mildly. There was no one around to tell me how to make this 3 wheeled thing work! But I hung in there and once I got over the hump, life got so much better. This is why you see 3-4 or even older Spyders for sale with only a few miles on them. People give up too soon. When you get a Spyder you need to RIDE, RIDE, RIDE! It's the best way to get over that 2 to 3 wheel hump. Once you are there, you realize it was all worth it.

That is whatI try to impart to new riders. Glad you got there and joined the crowd!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Some of us are.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I owned a 13 RSS and I seriously believe my 22 RTL would run circles around that RSS. I was shocked the first time I rolled into the throttle with my wire on the back. I loved that RSS but the nanny was a mean ol beotch. I’m glad to see this RTL will cut a corner without chopping the throttle.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeXP700 View Post
    I owned a 13 RSS and I seriously believe my 22 RTL would run circles around that RSS. I was shocked the first time I rolled into the throttle with my wire on the back. I loved that RSS but the nanny was a mean ol beotch. I’m glad to see this RTL will cut a corner without chopping the throttle.
    Suspension upgrades will put the Nanny in her place. With stock suspension, she can be very annoying.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

My stock '20 RT was good for 'regular' riding but needed the suspension & tires upgraded to stay with my spirited 2-wheeled pals in the twisties.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White