Spyder Garage

Default Veredestein Tires - Had a pair put on today!

Had a pair put on today, one required some weights, one did not. Had them balanced on a Hunter Road Force.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Had them installed on my 2021 RTL, like you, one no weights needed and other needed one ounce! Have ran them over 5000 miles and Love them, also have one on the rear, did not balance! I now have LaMonster balance rings on the front! Keeps them within balance within 3 ounces! Great tires!
    2021 Spyder RT-L - Asphalt Grey
    • Vredestein tires all around
    • Rolo Laser Alignment
    • Lamonster tire balancing rings/front
    • Lamonster Sway Bar
    • Lamonster belt tensioner
    • K and N air filter
    • Rear cowl - in place when you remove rear box

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Let us know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Had a pair put on today, one required some weights, one did not. Had them balanced on a Hunter Road Force.
    How about giving us a little more information. Where did you purchased the Tires? Cost of the Tires? What size did you get? Who did the installation?

Thanks for your time. ........
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    How about giving us a little more information. Where did you purchased the Tires? Cost of the Tires? What size did you get? Who did the installation?

Thanks for your time. ........
    I believe you ask about the size someone had installed on a different post. I guess it's a secret or something. It would be nice when people post they would give the size and price.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    You may already know this , but Peter and I like 18-19 rear and 15-17 ( 17 if aggressive ) for front ..... JMHO .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R5QT&tab=Sizes
    The link covers all your questions.
    Installed at local tire shop that I have been doing business with for some time.
    I didn't include all these details because these tires have been written about and reviewed numerous times on this forum.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    You may already know this , but Peter and I like 18-19 rear and 15-17 ( 17 if aggressive ) for front ..... JMHO .... good luck .... Mike
    Or get lazy like me and hook up to all three at one time and put in 18.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

So went down the road of mounting the new tires this afternoon.

The front tires were easy, popped right off and tossed them on the tire machine and we were off to the races. Each balanced with less than 1oz and Road force was 1 and 3 which was spectacular.

That is where things took a turn. We got the caliper off and the axle pulled, that's when i discovered that we had a difference in the YouTube videos I watched.

The rear rim on my 2020 RTL is all one piece. You can remove the rotor and the belt pulley, but the bearings are pressed in, and you cannot unbolt the extension piece.

So that meant there was no way to get it onto the tire machine or balancer, so we resorted to cave man tactics and cut the tire off and mounted the new tire by hand. We took a chance based on barely any weight required on the fronts that we would just wing it and put no weight on the back.

Got everything reassembled and torqued up and took it for a ride down the road and it was magical. Got it up the 80mph, and had zero vibration. My vibrating mirrors (even with the BRP fix) stopped vibrating, it was smooth and squishy like riding on a cloud, even over the occasional pot hole as the snow plow damage hasn't been repaired yet. I should have swapped out the Kenda's long ago.

Bought the tires from Tire Rack and got them the next day.

Fronts - 165/60R15 Vredestein Quatrac
    Rear - 205/60R15 Vredestein Quatrac

Running 16psi in the Fronts, and 18psi in the rear based on Mikes recommendation on another thread.

In my 5k miles I have averaged 31mph so no spirited riding here, just moseying around town and the tri-state area
    2020 RT Limited , ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralS View Post
    So went down the road of mounting the new tires this afternoon.

The front tires were easy, popped right off and tossed them on the tire machine and we were off to the races. Each balanced with less than 1oz and Road force was 1 and 3 which was spectacular.

That is where things took a turn. We got the caliper off and the axle pulled, that's when i discovered that we had a difference in the YouTube videos I watched.

The rear rim on my 2020 RTL is all one piece. You can remove the rotor and the belt pulley, but the bearings are pressed in, and you cannot unbolt the extension piece.

So that meant there was no way to get it onto the tire machine or balancer, so we resorted to cave man tactics and cut the tire off and mounted the new tire by hand. We took a chance based on barely any weight required on the fronts that we would just wing it and put no weight on the back.

Got everything reassembled and torqued up and took it for a ride down the road and it was magical. Got it up the 80mph, and had zero vibration. My vibrating mirrors (even with the BRP fix) stopped vibrating, it was smooth and squishy like riding on a cloud, even over the occasional pot hole as the snow plow damage hasn't been repaired yet. I should have swapped out the Kenda's long ago.

Bought the tires from Tire Rack and got them the next day.

Fronts - 165/60R15 Vredestein Quatrac
    Rear - 205/60R15 Vredestein Quatrac

Running 16psi in the Fronts, and 18psi in the rear based on Mikes recommendation on another thread.

In my 5k miles I have averaged 31mph so no spirited riding here, just moseying around town and the tri-state area
    Thanks for the comment , I have also advised I have found little to zero benefit from balancing a REAR Auto tire. ..... I have read about some folks here be able to get the " one piece " rear wheels onto a tire machine ... at Walmart and Costco ???? .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-18-2022 at 11:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bangorbob View Post
    I believe you ask about the size someone had installed on a different post. I guess it's a secret or something. It would be nice when people post they would give the size and price.
    In my search i found Quatracs in 165/60x15 offered at Tirerack.com for $98each. Im going to order two. Local cycle/spyder deal said they can't find tires and will mount/ballance them for $25/each.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Matahead View Post
    In my search i found Quatracs in 165/60x15 offered at Tirerack.com for $98each. Im going to order two. Local cycle/spyder deal said they can't find tires and will mount/ballance them for $25/each.
    You lucked on two counts #1.- the Quatracs are probably the best tires for Spyders annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd ....#2.- your dealer will mount them ...... Mike

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tires and Mounting

...I agree, getting a quality tire mounted on your Spyder is a great thing. So far I have not been able to find anyone that would R&R my rear tire.
    My local Spyder Dealer will Only install the OEM Tire.
    So I am doing what I can get done.
    All is good and well.
    Ryde and Enjoy your Day. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Matahead View Post
    What is the name of that dealer please?
    I am looking to do the same and immediate-area dealer will only mount OEM.
    Another off-dealer here said they would do it but not sure I would trust them on the rear wheel of the 2021RTL as it is not as simple as are the front wheels. Would be my luck the off-dealer would not get everything just right with the rear wheel then I would have to take it to the proper dealer to get it corrected.
    I am in the Texas Hill Country.
    Thank you for your reply.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    ...I agree, getting a quality tire mounted on your Spyder is a great thing. So far I have not been able to find anyone that would R&R my rear tire.
    My local Spyder Dealer will Only install the OEM Tire.
    So I am doing what I can get done.
    All is good and well.
    Ryde and Enjoy your Day. ......
    Well ask if they will take it off and then put it on AFTER you bring it back with Your tire ????? .... just a thought ...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-19-2022 at 08:40 AM.