Spyder Garage

Default Anyone done a Gear box output shaft seal replacement?

Im looking to see if anyone in the group has had to replace the seal on the upper Helix shaft? Ive found a few videos of removing the Helix but nothing on replacing the seal. I did order the belt tool since I know the belt is fubar & do need to get a Service Manual at some point.

I originally thought it was the engine seals but we've been riding it to see exactly whats leaking. We added a UV dye which of course made its way into the CVT box & when I checked the gear box it was about 2oz low. Hence the reason for the first post about possible engine oil in the CVT box

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OKRyker19 View Post
    Im looking to see if anyone in the group has had to replace the seal on the upper Helix shaft? Ive found a few videos of removing the Helix but nothing on replacing the seal. I did order the belt tool since I know the belt is fubar & do need to get a Service Manual at some point.

I originally thought it was the engine seals but we've been riding it to see exactly whats leaking. We added a UV dye which of course made its way into the CVT box & when I checked the gear box it was about 2oz low. Hence the reason for the first post about possible engine oil in the CVT box
    I hope you DO realize that the gear box oil level check is on the side facing the rear of the Ryker, marked "oil level" Do not check at the filler hole. The manual for the 2019 Rykers is wrong. Don't know about other year Rykers.

Spyder Garage

Yes I know the 10mm is for the level & the 15mm is the fill plug. We added dye to the gearbox & its getting into the CVT box. Ive been topping it off with a Lucas stop leak. Right now far after 3 oz & prob 200 miles no more leak. I still bought the tool, seal & belt when I can get free time at work to replace it. I also plan to coat the outside of the box with spray on sound proofing