Spyder Garage

Default Recommend any plug and play Wire harnesses for trailers?

Looking at lamonsters and a couple other site sponsors, showchrome looks like it needs completely rewire to work. I was watching Pierre’s video (spyde accesories) and his is simply plug and play harness. I need to goto 4 flat pin for the trailer. Looking at this harness, I found on eBay, this should be pretty easy plug and play. Anyone use this company? Any other plug and play harness recommended? (For a 2017 RT limited)
    Last edited by Wmoater; 05-09-2022 at 11:51 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Installed Pierre's 4 wire flat connector on wife's 2017 F3L several years ago. Plug and play, no issues with it.
    2017 TriGlide

2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Purple/Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The downside of Pierre's harness is that it is a converter, but not an isolator. I'm not sure how well the bike wiring is protected if there is a problem with the trailer wiring. I'd be inclined to not use it. The Show Chrome harness plugs into the connectors that go into the light assemblies. You have to add the trailer connector to the harness, as well as add in a 5 to 4 wire converter.

I suggest you get this one. https://traileretc.com/product/2010-...iring-harness/. This plugs into the connectors under the seat, is an isolator as well as a 5 to 4 converter, and has the flat four on the pigtail to the trailer. It's a bit more than the others but it's the one I would buy. It is completely P&P.

Be sure to get the right harness for the right year. The under seat connectors on the 2010 - 2019 RTs are 16 pin. The ones for the F3 (all years) and the 2020+ RTs are 10 pin.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

My Trailer is a 5 wire so I got the 5 wire harness from Value Accessories and it was truly plug and play I notice they also have a 4 wire harness.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Let me first say I’m not sure what I know and don’t know. I want to purchase a wiring harness that will go from my 2019 F3L to a 2021 BRP freedom trailer. This sounds like a pretty straightforward item to order but after reading many previous post I not so sure. I think I could go to the dealer and order an OEM plug and play harness and be good to go. However, this will come with a higher cost. I have some basic knowledge in this area but the discussions concerning ten pin, four and five wire, converters, isolators etc. has me somewhat confused. Again I think going from one BRP product, a spyder, to another BRP product, Freedom trailer, would be easy. However, I’m not sure. Any comments would be appreciated.