Spyder Garage

Default Have a question about picture limits in Ride Reports section.

A couple of weeks ago, I was going to post a ride report here, but the system only allowed a limited number of pictures. I'm curious what that limit is and why. It seems so much easier to tell a story with ample pictures rather than a lot of text. I'm an avid photographer and like to share my rides through pictures so others might be tempted to venture to the same places OR may be just in need of a virtual ride when they are stymied by weather.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

There is one thread I just looked at and has 10 pictures. If you need to post up more you could post in chapters like a book.
    I guess why could be that pictures as you should know take up much more room than several typed lines. All to do with space.
    I am sure there is something about it if you were to do a search. Home . Posting new post. Photos. or similar.

Spyder Garage

I don't believe there's a specific 'number of pics' limit per se, but there is a size limit for individual pics and so for individual posts in a thread, so if you have too much text or too many pics/pics that are too large, you'll possibly have problems posting it up..... and on top of that, for a variety of reasons your connection might be dropping out before the whole lot is loaded, so you get nothing; or it could be timing out because it's taking too long to transfer all the pics over, so you'll get nothing; and there's other device, software, or connection issues that can do the same sorta thing at the loading end....

However, that said about there being no specific listed restriction on the number of pics loaded per post, please remember than not all users will be reading your post on a desktop or pc with an unlimited capacity or bandwidth connection, so as Isopedella suggested, please try to limit the number of pics for each individual post to around Five (5) or Six (6) max for each individual post in a thread - if you have more pics than that to show, simply add another post or 6 or even 60 to the thread!

By doing this, you'll be breaking what would otherwise might be a potentially problematic massive post up into smaller chapters & making it less likely that you'll lose or be unable to post the whole lot as you mentioned above; besides giving you an opportunity to look at & check each post with maybe 5/6 posts as you post them up! It'll also mean that anyone who's on the other end of those problems mentioned above can read your posts & ride reports, instead of maybe locking some potential readers from the thread entirely, and EVERYONE who tries to open your Ride Report will be able to do that, even those reading on small capacity &/or small screen devices as well as those who have restrictions or limitations on the capacity or download speed of their connection.

You'll still be able to tell the same story, only you'll do it by effectively taking a breath or two between each post containing 5 or 6 pics in it before moving on to the next post in the thread; making it safer/easier to post, check, AND ALSO to read, by giving your potential readers the opportunity for a breath or two between each post in the thread as they work their way along as well. Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-08-2022 at 10:07 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!