Spyder Garage

Default Hankook Ventas V4ES 175/55 15 Reviews

Are any of you running this tire on the front? I wonder how it compares to the Vrederstein Quatrac which is a 165/60 15. They cost a bit more than the Quatrac but I think they look pretty good. Any thoughts on these?

Spyder Garage

I just replaced the Ventus V4ES 175/55/15’s in the front after 43,000 miles with another set of Ventus V4ES tires. They worked very well for me. Also have a Hankook Kinergy tire on the back.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MCCMPR View Post
    Are any of you running this tire on the front? I wonder how it compares to the Vrederstein Quatrac which is a 165/60 15. They cost a bit more than the Quatrac but I think they look pretty good. Any thoughts on these?
    The Highest rating the Ventas V4ES achieved was " GOOD ", the Vredestein Quatrac and Quatrac 5 both rated excellent in wet, dry, & comfort it also rated good in winter & snow conditions..... So it's your money, your choice >>>>> Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-07-2022 at 09:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

Mike, I know that you like the Vrederstein, how does it withstand cupping? When my original tires became a little cupped, I swapped sides to run them backwards. That took care of the slight cupping. I wonder how the Vredersteins wold fare when run backwards if needed.

Spyder Garage

Mike, I know that you like the Vrederstein, how does it withstand cupping? When my original tires became a little cupped, I swapped sides to run them backwards. That took care of the slight cupping. I wonder how the Vredersteins wold fare when run backwards if needed.
    IMHO running a NEW tire backwards usually defeats the Water sipeing the Tread design has. Once a tire has been run in one direction then reversed to run backwards is asking for trouble. A tire will take a " SET " for direction of rotation and shouldn't be changed. I haven't heard of any Vredestein tire that has " cupped ", if the tires that you had did , I wouldn't be surprised if they were Kenda's. Weakly made tires ( Kenda's ) seem to have a lot more issues than any Auto tire I have ever heard about ( except possibly some from Firestone a few decades ago ) ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I agree wholeheartedly with Blueknight's opinion on counter-rotating radial tires and would add this; .... for as long as I can remember, tire cupping is a symptom of an alignment or balance issue, not tire quality.

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdave View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with Blueknight's opinion on counter-rotating radial tires and would add this; .... for as long as I can remember, tire cupping is a symptom of an alignment or balance issue, not tire quality.
    about the " alignment " answer .... but " balance " can be directly related to a poorly made tire .... like the Crapenda's are ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike, Do you prefer the Quatrac with it's directional tread design in 165/60 15 or the Quatrac 5 in 155/60 15 which is a non directional tire. The Quatrac 5 could be rotated just like you would do on a car to extend the life. Same price but quite a difference in tread design.

Spyder Garage

Mike, Do you prefer the Quatrac with it's directional tread design in 165/60 15 or the Quatrac 5 in 155/60 15 which is a non directional tire. The Quatrac 5 could be rotated just like you would do on a car to extend the life. Same price but quite a difference in tread design.
    Either one is the best rated tire we can use .... get what's available ..... this is the biggest problem right now .... the " 5 " is the older model, and folks have had the " 5 " and now have the " Quatrac " are reporting they like them just as well ..... Mike