Spyder Garage

Default Questioning myself now - why did I get 2 fairinged bikes?!

My personal ride, a Concours 14, is under the knife right now, have her torn down to do the valves, add cruise, tires and some other small things. Waiting for a friend to come over to help with the technical stuff so I thought I would throw on the sway bar and wire in my Zumo XT onto the RT. Why did I think it was a good idea to have two highly fairinged bikes? Swear my next bike will either be a naked or cruiser.

WhyBig.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2022 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Attach

2012 Spyder RT Limited in Lava Bronze Metallic
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Feel grateful you have the ability to DIY. Those of us who don't, help support the economy by transferring our retirement income to local motorcycle shops..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KSCRZR View Post
    My personal ride, a Concours 14, is under the knife right now, have her torn down to do the valves, add cruise, tires and some other small things. Waiting for a friend to come over to help with the technical stuff so I thought I would throw on the sway bar and wire in my Zumo XT onto the RT. Why did I think it was a good idea to have two highly fairinged bikes? Swear my next bike will either be a naked or cruiser.

WhyBig.jpg
    That is way deeper then I ever intend to go on my RT.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

The big Kawasaki is like my Triumph Trophy SE. Valve adjustment time is a two day affair, at least. I got this for my two wheeled adventures. Oil, filter, fluids, and valves all done in two hours. Moto Guzzi V7
    IMG_20220331_153532533.jpg
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KSCRZR View Post

WhyBig.jpg
    I know the feeling. We obviously have similar taste. I have a 2016 F3T and a 2018 BMW K1600 B. It will be time for a valve adjustment at it's next service. Seems to be about a $1k+ job. Unfortunately I do not have the skills to do this myself, so I will have to anti up the funds to have it done professionally.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the comments. I love the look of both, love the ride (especially the C14) but this maintenance sucks. Will say that I think the Spyder is easier to dig into believe it or not. A lot of the Kawasaki has to intertwined to go back together.

Sway bar went pretty well, glad I went for the Lamonster links over the BajaRon, too bad they are not more visible. Salvaging the stock audio cable was worse, but the Zumo XT looks nice, just need to get a shorter ram arm. And my magic mirrors I bought off another forum member should be in today. So she should be good for a while, always more to do but it'll have to wait a bit.

2012 Spyder RT Limited in Lava Bronze Metallic
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

"fairinged" ??

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    "fairinged" ??
    I think it means "all this danged tupperware I have to remove to get to anything"
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I would have had other words for that but had to look this one up. Seems the on line dictionaries don't know what it is either. My first thoughts were maybe "fully faired"

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)