Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL will not downshift nor shift into reverse! Ideas?!

It will not downshift nor shift into reverse

Spyder Garage

Another left hand control module I suppose. That seems to be happening a lot around here lately.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You have probably just joined the waiting list for a new left hand control module. A search here will find a lot of owners are having that issue. BRP has changed the unit and they are caught up in the supply lines backup. Contact your dealer.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

wondered what was going, Today I had to go into reverse then into 1st it would not go into 1 until I did

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blackamoor View Post
    It will not downshift nor shift into reverse
    I've been waiting since Oct for the left hand multi function switch to be released by BRP. That's for my 2018 RT Limited. Can't shift into Reverse, no manual down shift (down shifts automatically) and can't shift into Neutral without restarting the bike. It was a known issue by BRP on the 2018 F3's and RT's. Replacement is covered under my extended warranty, which is a blessing since without the warrant it would set me back about $954.00 parts/labor. My dealership is telling me July time frame now.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cirhere View Post
    wondered what was going, Today I had to go into reverse then into 1st it would not go into 1 until I did
    Did you have the brake depressed when you tried to go into 1st? You don't need to to go into reverse but you do to go into 1st, from either neutral or reverse.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)