Spyder Garage

Thumbs down BRP GO - Bluetooth not working fix? Lemon Law or Class Action Lawsuits?

Admin and everyone else please do not go ballistic on myself for posting this.

As we all know BRP Go has some serious shortcomings when it comes to the Bluetooth. I have been in touch with them repeatedly and it gets me nowhere.

When a vehicle these days says it comes with Bluetooth you expect most all Bluetooth devices should work, as we know the only device is the cell.

I came across this article about a class action and one if the issues was the Bluetooth.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/09...ainment-issues

I know taking my 2020 RTL to the dealer to have them pair my Garmin Zumo Xt or Bluetooth audio player will get me nowhere! That may be my next step. I can get my audio player to pair but that is it, does not function and yes it's running the latest Bluetooth

Again, this is a vent and Im extremely upset about this Bluetooth, especially in this day and age.
    Bluetooth is great for eliminating excess wiring but to use the Garmin, ha guess what?

You have to wire in a Bluetooth receiver which in turn you loose the use of the handlebar switches.

Come on BRP fix this, it's not a new issue.

Again , sorry for this post. But as they say it's just not right!
    Last edited by Escorial; 05-05-2022 at 07:02 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Having been involved in a class actions a time or two, it gets you nowhere except wasting a lot of time. I do agree that BRPs blue tooth leaves a lot to be desired. I have better things to do than waste my time trying to make it work. Gotta credit however, it works with music off my iPhone, I'm not complaining, jus sayin, 'cause I really like my Spyder,

Bill Williams
    Central Florida
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Its still not right period ;-( Spyder is fun but the lack of being able to use my 2 favorite bluetooth devices really sucks. Like I mentioned I have written BRP and all I get its a 3rd party or were working on it .

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Class action lawsuits only make the lawyer richer.
    What would it do for you?
    Even if you won it wouldn’t fix the problem you seam to have, it would cost the company many thousand dollars, the lawyer would get most of it, you would get a few measly dollars, and you still would have the same problem!

I use BRP go with my phone, as it was designed for, and it worls great for music over speakers, through headsets, phone calls, GPS, and eveything it is advertised and designed to do.
    As it states in all of the info about it.

its an app for a phone.
    "BRP GO! is your one-stop shop for all your connectivity experience with your three-wheel vehicle. The BRP GO! app includes the BRP Connect technology that allows you to use some of your favorite apps directly on your Can-Am Spyder 7.8" wide LCD color display. An integrated step-by-step guide is also available in the app to ensure that you properly connect your phone to your vehicle."

It tells you exactly what it does.
    "BRP Connect features
    - Access quality third-party apps directly on your Can-Am On-Road gauge

Main features of compatible third-party apps:
    - Rever: Discover the best places to ride, create custom routes and record rides to share with your friends.
    - Genius Maps: Premium GPS navigation app for offline route planning, exploration and navigation
    - Fobobike: The world’s first all-Bluetooth smart tire pressure-monitoring system
    - Sygic GPS Navigation: World-class GPS navigation app to guide you safely to your destination even without an Internet connection
    - EatSleepRIDE: Connect with people in over 130 countries for route-sharing, group rides and safety tips
    - Dash Radio: Premium radio with zero commercials that’s 100% free
    - Cardo: The highest-quality, longest-distance reception a motorcycle communication system can offer"

It tells you what devices are supported.
    "BRP GO! supports devices with Apple iOS 14+ or Android 8.0 (Pie)+ operation systems."

With this information readly available at your fingertips on line and in brochures, what would you sue for? Can you sue for not reading or understanding what was said? How is that BRP's fault and worthy of a lawsuite? There is no false advertising that you could sue for that I see.

Is BRP Go the best thing out there, absolutely not, can it be improved upon, absolutely, but to have a lawsuit because it doesn’t do what you want it to do is ludicrous at best.
    So the next guy may want to sue because he cant watch videos on the screen while he rides, where does it stop?
    Most people now days use there phones for music, you are using something that most people do not, so should they put in a CD player also?

2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

No that makes little sense, where did I ever see that the Bluetooth was only designed to be used only with a cell on the RT ads. It's crap software .

A Bluetooth equipped vehicle these days should pair w any Bluetooth enabled device period. I'm not looking for money I just want it fixed to work as advertised period.

You can't tell me that I'm the only person that is upset with this poor excuse.

For one I have zero use for my cell while riding, the factory gps is poor and hard to see compared to the Zumo.

Who uses cds anymore or Bluetooth that would only with with cell?

Come on BRP step in the the real world and fix the issue. Could be as simple as a software update or updated Bluetooth module.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-05-2022 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Expletives bypassing filters deleted

Spyder Garage

Having signed the cards I've gotten in the mail for class action law-suits in the past, it's not worth it to me. IF a suit was successful, then lawyers will take money from BRP and everyone else will get a check for less than $20. And your Bluetooth still won't work the way you want, and BRP will have less cash on hand to actually pay someone to work on this. It's a lose-lose for everyone but the lawyers. Anyway, I don't think you can win a lawsuit based on what you think a Bluetooth equipped vehicle in 2022 should be able to do--just because you want it to do something that's not advertised doesn't mean you have a valid case.

Personally, I'd rather see BRP scrap GO and come up with a way for the dealer to install Apple Car Play for me--I'd pay a one-time licensing fee if BRP doesn't want to pay licensing on every vehicle sold.
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

The Bluetooth setup and the audio in general on the Spyder is awful. Even when working correctly it's still awful. I had a Triumph Trophy SE that came standard with Bluetooth, AM, FM, XM, and weather band. It was an outstanding system, even better than the two Goldwings that I have owned. If Triumph can do it BRP can do it. The question is will buyers pay more for better performance from sound systems, suspensions, etc.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Escorial View Post
    No that makes little sense, where did I ever see that the Bluetooth was only designed to be used only with a cell on the RT ads. It's crap software .

A Bluetooth equipped vehicle these days should pair w any Bluetooth enabled device period. I'm not looking for money I just want it fixed to work as advertised period.

You can't tell me that I'm the only person that is upset with this poor excuse.

For one I have zero use for my cell while riding, the factory gps is poor and hard to see compared to the Zumo.

Who uses cds anymore or Bluetooth that would only with with cell?

Come on BRP step in the the real world and fix the issue. Could be as simple as a software update or updated Bluetooth module.
    BRP.jpg
    As stated above, it is on the website in a few different places
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Yes Can-Am bluetooth works from my iPhone fine for playing music. I have used it for both playing via my 2021 F3 speakers and BT headset. This works fine and I can stop, or advance to next song etc using the controls on the bike.

The issue I had was when I was using Rever GPS. As soon as my phone got a text, the Rever GPS stopped the route and the only way to get things back was to pull over and reset/restart. This made the Rever GPS app totally unacceptable. So I did the obvious and mounted a standard GPS on the handlebars. BT on the bike also seemed to interfere with my BT passenger communication. I never tried to fully debug that situation since I didn't see an advantage of leaving the BT headset connected with the other issues.

Note however, that while we need to encourage BRP to solve some BT problems, this is not a class action item. In fact I don't agree with any class actions. As was noted in this thread before, the lawyers get a few million and the customer gets about $1.98. I don't see a reason anyone would want to take any punitive action.

Spyder Garage

I will be a new Can Am RT L owner as soon as the dealer gets the parts to deliver my bike. I've read all the posts on BRP GO and a good friend who has a RT L also has the same opinion about this Bluetooth system. I've accepted the fact that BRP has an App that does what they state it will do. It won't give me what I want. It is not the Apple Car Play that I had on my 2018 Goldwing. Knowing this I've already purchased a Garmin XT to mount on my RT L which will give me the Bluetooth capability I want. Just because we have all gotten used to technology does mean we can have it the way we want. I understand your frustration but it is what it is. You have to remember that the main reason BRP has the BRP GO app is because the app gives them marketing information on their owners.
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Spyder Garage

Yes but they do not have that posted on the bikes at the dealers nor do they mention what cruddy software it is. Only after you own you get that bent over feeling about the BRP GONE BT audio. These days when you hear that a vehicle comes with BT you never think twice, until you run into this. Yikes

Again in this day and age BT has been around for some time and this is a insult to my intelligence. Sure I love the Spyder but I also love my tunes and needless to say its pure childlike junk.

Sorry to upset anyone , my rant is over. Now I have to buy a bluetooth receiver for my Garmin. Oh that's right my bike already came with BT . What a load ;-)

Perhaps this would be good enough to use with the Garmin, its APTX BT and rechargeable which means I'm not running anymore wires. If it works I will get another and leave it charging . Although 8 hours is a bit much for myself on a bike or car.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Qua...cx_mr_hp_atf_m
    Last edited by Escorial; 05-06-2022 at 07:13 AM.

Spyder Garage

BRP big brother and who else do they sell that off to. Next you will be riding and you will see Can Am ads on your dash display.

Spyder Garage

It's not about how much $$ goes into your pocket! It's about getting BRP to finally acknowledge the system is crap. And to fix it! Who cares about how much money the lawyers get. Don't you care about how much of YOUR money BRP got for selling you a faulty product? BRP knowingly sells a faulty product. The don't care as they already got your money. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Why do you keep beating this dead horse!! BRP Go sucks, we all know that. I knew before I bought my bike. I had no intentions of even attempting to use it. Just simply pair your phone to the bike, no BRP Go app required. Put a data blocker on the glovebox USB, charging problem solved. Mount a Garmin Zumo, or Tread in my case, between the handlebars. Pair the Zumo to your phone. With the phone paired you can even get Weather reports, traffic reports, even weather radar right on the Zumo. I use Pandora to stream music but you can use any app on your phone you wish. All the handle bar controls work as they should! The key is DO NOT USE BRP GO!!

Spyder Garage

The sound system in these Spyders are simply crap anyway. They sound horrible. I had an old one speaker AM radio as a kid that sounded better. Just skip all that BRP crap and use your phone and ear phones. Or helmet speakers. it is worth the effort.
    2018 F3 Limited

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    The sound system in these Spyders are simply crap anyway. They sound horrible. I had an old one speaker AM radio as a kid that sounded better. Just skip all that BRP crap and use your phone and ear phones. Or helmet speakers. it is worth the effort.
    That’s just one persons opinion.....as we ryders age, so do our ears. Even wearing hearing aids I do not hear so good. When ryding, I do take my hearing aids out, but add wind noise to the equation, and I can still hear my tunes....the quality of the speakers is not going to change my hearing one iota! I’m NOT sitting in a concert hall, I’M ON MY SPYDER.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

on my slightly used (thank God it's still in warranty) 2020 RT L -C, I couldn't get the pairing to work with my Android or my pal's iPhone. When it came to the matching code numbers, on the two screens, hitting the joy stick to right to get the green arrow always got it reversed to the red x, every time. My phone's Bluetooth had paired with some ear buds and my car's TomTom GPS, no problem. Called the BRP tech line 888-272-9222, and wore out their staff trying to make this work. The Dealer, trying with 3 diff phones got same result that I did. The most "unkindest cut" came as an Email from BRP to dealer, saying: "Read the Owners' Manual" WELL, DUH! I then found at BRP's "Dave" a senior tech and he immediately call the Dealer. He said it was either a shot Bluetooth module or a shot joy stick. Then pledged to work with dealer to get the right parts ASAP and get this silly Bluetooth issue into the past!
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    That’s just one persons opinion.....as we ryders age, so do our ears. Even wearing hearing aids I do not hear so good. When ryding, I do take my hearing aids out, but add wind noise to the equation, and I can still hear my tunes....the quality of the speakers is not going to change my hearing one iota! I’m NOT sitting in a concert hall, I’M ON MY SPYDER.
    I have an 18 F3L. The first year they changed everything up. So lots of complaints about the sound system in those. Crackles, pops, no bass at all. No loudness. It is simply horrible. I would be embarrassed if I produced 20K machines with garbage sound systems. Not even worth having it at all.
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Enough Escorial. We all know how you feel. A 'class action lawsuit'? You are cracking me up here.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Yep... You've had your say Escorial, and others jumping on the bandwagon, we now all know where you stand on this, and regardless of what we individually may or may not think of BRP Connect &/or BRP Go, that's enough discussion about Lawsuits or Class Actions here on this Forum. All this sort of discussion here has ever achieved before is to remove any chance of an amicable resolution for those owners pushing that particular approach!

Further discussion (elsewhere please! ) on any issues you may have & possible solutions for/with these products is fine, but this Site is definitely not the right place to drum up support for lawsuits - that has been said more than once before, including by none other than the Boss..... . If you want confirmation of that, then I suggest you look at this thread, which was about something very much more dangerous to life & limb:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...wsuit&p=715748

and particularly the post quoted below:

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    If you want to start a lawsuit you're going to have to drum up support on another site. Start a Facebook page if you want but it's not happening on SpyderLovers. This thread is closed.
    So as he said back then....

This thread is closed.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2022 at 01:04 AM. Reason: I f = If :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!