Hope everyone are doing well. I have an issue with my 2014 RT SM6 gauges and digital cluster. Only 18K on the bike and it is in pristine condition. I bought it new in 2014 and have been the only owner/rider of it.

I had the dealer install an OEM analog gas gauge and an OEM analog engine temp gauge back in 2020.... I didn't like looking at the plastic covers where the gauges go so I gave in and spent the money on the 2 gauges to fill these spots. When they hooked up the 2 gauges I noticed that both the gas and engine temp readings on the main digital cluster no longer were there but the gauges worked fine so I had no problem with that. I believe this is a normal condition when the Spyder has the analog gauges installed.

Here we are 2 years later and now the gauges don't work properly. Both gauges LED lights flicker rapidly. The gas gauge shows empty even though the tank is full. The gauge never moves from empty. The digital display shows the yellow gas light "on" even though I have a full tank. The engine temp gauge is stuck at about a 1/4 of the way up even when the bike is off for hours. No matter how long the bike is running the engine temp gauge won't move from 1/4 from bottom of gauge.

The bike starts and runs flawlessly. No issues with performance or ride quality.

Here's what I have done thus far troubleshooting: I took off the front panel where the analog gauges are and removed the 2 analog gauges altogether from their wiring. When I did that the digital cluster now shows the gas and engine temp readings and the yellow gas light is not on anymore (I have a full tank of fuel in it). When I turn the key but don't start it the gas reading is full and the engine temp reads nothing as it should since I have a full tank of gas and the engine is cold. However, after I start the bike about 5 seconds later the gas level drops to nothing! The yellow gas light stays off but the gas bar goes all the way down to nothing. The engine temp reading on the digital cluster is accurate...as the engine warms up the level rises on the reading.

With the engine running I did check voltage on the wiring that connects to the analog gauges and both sides (gas and temp) read 10.4 volts on both the LED light wire as well as the orange wires. The blue wires read 0 volts. I checked voltage at the battery and it is 14.4 volts (again, the engine is running and alternator is charging the battery). I did supply 12.6 volts to the analog gauges from a battery I have on a bench (not in the Spyder) and the LED lights work fine on both gauges and the gas gauge did rise to the top and the engine temp gauge did go to the bottom with the 12.6 volts supplied to them.

Not sure what is wrong or how to fix this? I like the gauges and would like to keep them and they appear to be good independent from the bike. Is this purely an electrical issue? Could I have a bad sending unit in my gas tank? However, if this was so, wouldn't the yellow gas light go on (with the gauges removed... like it does with the gauges installed)? Not sure what or where to check next. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Andy B.