Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    I live about 90 miles from Gatlinburg, then head across the Smokies to get to the bottom end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I have ridden from there to Ashville several times, one of my favorite rides. I have left home and gone through Boone NC to get on the Blue Ridge Parkway and go back to Ashville that way too...... but never rode from Boone north yet. But... might do that this summer.
    I will say that the entire BRP is nice. But the best parts are definitely from the Boone area and south to Cherokee. There are a couple of note worthy places to the north, but nothing like riding south.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

True. And some of the roads on and off the BRP are worth a shout. Such as 256, 215, 43, 80. In fact most of them are interesting.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Still a plan in progress, but leaving 05-31 to head in that direction and plan to ride a good portion, if not all, of BRP..may or may not do the dragon, as we have done Needles and Pig Trail..as it gets closer, I will following this thread with interest..
    And, yes, the senior pass works as advertised..
    The Dragon is not like Pigs Trail or Needles. Assuming you hit the Dragon on a weekday, you can usually run faster due to less tourist traffic. The Dragon is more 'technical' and you need to watch for the Kamikaze crotch rockets. Try to fit in the Cherahola Skyway (SW from the Dragon). Much more enjoyable than the Dragon IMHO.
    Last edited by RayBJ; 05-06-2022 at 09:42 AM.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White