Spyder Garage

Default Reverse Not Working Intermittently (Reverse Actuator Assembly)

The reverse on my 2021 RT (Sea to Sky) intermittently isn't working. Been like that since I bought it in August 2021. Took it to the dealer for first service and a fix in November and picked it up this past weekend. Dealer replaced the switch assembly on the handlebar. Sure enough it's still not going in reverse once in a while (3 times since Saturday, 4/30/22). I knew deep down that wasn't going to fix it but what do I know. I told them when I dropped it off that my first guess would be the reverse actuator assembly, but he insisted it was the switch. Anyways, has anybody ever replaced the actuator themselves? If so, how difficult is it? From my research it doesn't look that difficult. The reason I'm doing it myself is that I don't want to wait two months for a fix plus the dealer is three hours away.
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (Sea to Sky)
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Elka Stage 2 Shocks

Spyder Garage

Better let Warranty do it job

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

When the reverse actuator on my 2014 had to be replaced the technician also had to hook it up to buds and ride around town with a laptop sitting on his lap to do some kind of calibration. I assume something to do with the shift points? I would let the dealer handle it.
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White, Mfg. date 1/28/2014
    BRP heated seat, BRP backrest, SpyderFlap, Tricled mirror turn signals, KOTT Grills, BRP adjustable side air vent, Bumpskid, Bajaron sway bar and heim links, Spyderpops belt guard, Tricled day lighters, Tricled fender LEDs, CD HMT running/brake LEDs

Spyder Garage

If you try to install it on your own & something goes wrong or needs adjusting, they'll charge for further repairs and take their time doing it.

Take it back to the dealer and dump the problem on them; don't be afraid to mention they were wrong. Ask them to order the new part & let you know when it arrives, then take your S2S in.

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Warranty

...Dealer Technician can help you out. First off they will need to contact BRP and start a Warranty Claim. Hopefully they can and will do this for you soon.

I would not do anything to the Spyder Yourself.
    This is a Warranty issue and the Spyder Dealer needs to get the problem resolved.

Hoping for the Best. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I've seen video of dealers installing the reverse actuator on the 2022s and it looks easy. But I agree--still under warranty, let them take care of it. Once you do it yourself, they won't cover that part under warranty anymore.
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdave View Post
    Take it back to the dealer and dump the problem on them; don't be afraid to mention they were wrong. Ask them to order the new part & let you know when it arrives, then take your S2S in.
    That's what I did. I'm having a similar problem with my 2018 RT. Reverse, Manual Downshift and Shifting into Neutral not working. Dealer told me the Left Hand Multi Function Switch needed to be replaced. BRP sent out a bulletin advising this was a known problem on 2018 RT's and F3's. Replacement is covered under my warranty, thankfully, since it's a $954.00 job otherwise. But they told me part won't be released by BRP until July. So they ordered the part and will call me when it comes in and set up a date for the replacement. Mean time I get to ride which is a good thing. I just have to remember if I park where I have to back out, it's push come to shove time.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I saw in another thread, the author was looking for a reverse actuator and the dealer in Erie PA helped him find the "back ordered" part.

The dealer's website was: https://www.offroaderie.com/

Perhaps they may be able to assist you in the same way? Sounds like decent people.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Mine just broke too and now I cannot reverse, go into neutral or downshift. This is right after I just did a warranty claim for the Hydraulic Control unit that totaled out to $3500. Will be selling this piece of garbage Can-Trash and never looking back to this company ever again. Pathetic. Everyone sticking with this joke of a company will be in my prayers ESPECIALLY if you don't have a warranty to protect you from Can-Trash.
    Blue 2019 Spyder F3-S