Spyder Garage

Default Missing grommet from antenna base - are they available?

While getting ready for a ride I noticed the grommet that fits over the antenna on my 2018 RT is missing. I'll have to see if I can find one to replace it. I really not need the whole antenna just the grommet. I hope I don't get any water in there.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have never seen just the grommet; I have only seen it with the antenna. You might try calling your local dealer to see if they have them without buying the antenna. I have seen some antennas here https://www.lamonstergarage.com/show...der-lamonster/
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    I have never seen just the grommet; I have only seen it with the antenna. You might try calling your local dealer to see if they have them without buying the antenna. I have seen some antennas here https://www.lamonstergarage.com/show...der-lamonster/
    I suppose if push came to shove, I could just as well replace the antenna as well. Replace it with a shorty and keep the original one as a back up. Twenty bucks ain't bad.

In fact I just went ahead and ordered this through Lamonster.
    Last edited by gkamer; 05-01-2022 at 06:32 PM.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I suppose if push came to shove, I could just as well replace the antenna as well. Replace it with a shorty and keep the original one as a back up. Twenty bucks ain't bad.
    perhaps local hardware store (like ACE) would have an acceptable replacement for like $0.50?
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by obiwanbill View Post
    perhaps local hardware store (like ACE) would have an acceptable replacement for like $0.50?
    Yeah, No!

The 'grommet' on Spyders for the antenna base is pretty unique, a 2" or so tall cylinder with an angled base profiled to match the angled trunk edge with an 'insert & turn in order to lock in' base, and anything that's more readily available from places like ACE etc would require a fair amount of modification to even work.... but that's not gonna improve the way they'd look! .

The shorty antenna with it's own 'grommet' is a pretty good alternative that looks OK & if mine is anything to go by, probably works better as an antenna too!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Part number; 708300156, RH Radio Antenna Base. This is in my 2012 manual. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles