Spyder Garage

Default Which 'tow behind the Spyder' trailer?

Due to gas pricing we are going to do more touring (2x1 week trips) with the spyder differently than how we traditionally did things. Traditionally, I have 2 toy haulers and usually I load up the spyder into one, depending on how many weeks we go, and use it as a home base. We’ll travel 6 hours or so in the trailer, either rustic camp or park in a campground. Then, run 3 days from there. We’ve even taken trips where we hop down the road to a huge mall, park the toyhauler for the day, run all day on the spyder in the area or a large loop, load up and sleep that night in a rest top or truck stop and continue on. Last summer we did 8700 miles on the trailer this way. My wife is pretty picky as in looks I told her we’d stay at a couple campgrounds and every other day at a hotel. The cost of hotels is a lot cheaper than the diesel with the toy haulers right now. She agreed to get a trailer but she doesn’t want a tin box! We’ve been to lots of rallies and if we get a trailer it needs to match the spyders look. I sort of agree of “not” buying the all aluminum trailer. I know it will not rust and it super lite but since it will not touch salt or winter, I’m ok. I have an all aluminum snowmobile trailer that puts on 10K miles a year during winter and would not buy anything else but aluminum for winter travel. Here’s another feeling or problem about the lumina or anything like that look for the pull behind trailer. Aluminum will ding from the rocks. Also, After cleaning it etc it shows the buff scratch marks. I’d look at a RT622 but very hard to find. My wife’s option is the 622 looks like a mini push-me tractor instead of a pull trailer. She’s seen a bunch of different trailers and is not interested in the plastic car carrier on top of flat bed look either. If I’m going to get one it needs to match! Storage is not a problem I have a 4000 sq/ft garage. I know what she wants…………It the custom bushtec…….. I have access to professional painting tools so I’ll 2tone it myself later. Long winded here but this is the trailer she likes…………Opionions? Any one seen one or own one? How are the specs compared to the RT622? Its the same price range. I could use some help here or persuasions towards other trailers. Why or why not buy this one. Just starting to research. Have plenty of time but might as well pull the trigger before June. One last thought….. resale of fiberglass trailer will last forever vs alumium.

HERITAGE MOTORCYCLE TRAILER

SPECIFICATIONS:

Overall body dimensions = L54" x W39" x H36"
    Overall length with tongue = 95"
    21 cubic feet of storage
    3.0 x 16 inch motorcycle wheels
    G.V.W.R: 400 lbs
    Empty weight: 125 lbs
    WARRANTY

3-Year Limited Warranty
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wmoater; 05-02-2022 at 09:15 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This WAS for sale here about 3 weeks ago...Sold now One heck of deal...

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...hlight=Bushtec
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-02-2022 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Spyder Garage

Welp that would have been it. 3 weeks to late yes that is exactly what I am looking at.

Looks like they changed the names. Now its called the heritage. That or theusatrailer company changed names which is what I am guessing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a nice rt622 trying to sell if your interested

Spyder Garage

Already looked happyspyder. You’re 25 hours from me and they can deliver a new one heritage for about the same price in all black. I’d have to undercut you to get there which you said firm.

Spyder Garage

I have had a number of trailers for towing with our spyders. We both have Rtls I have settled on a Lee-sure lite for our touring the last 2 years, at 325 pounds it tows like a dream. We also have a 42 foot fifth wheel that has mostly been parked for the last two years. In 2019 we road Coast to Coast pulling the pop up and cargo covering 11,000 miles, 26 states and 66 days on the road.

7C47CB44-C7D4-492C-A95F-840DBAE95AF9.jpg

5F390896-4F80-49CE-8494-B60F0F34B252.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2022 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Attach display
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

We have the Timeout Camper

20210804_110520.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2022 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display
    2019 f3t , titanium

Spyder Garage

Wmoater, just got a Discovery from them that I am going to post a mini review on. Hope it helps your decision.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Pictures please. I live here in Az so you are closer. plus the price would be good too.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm a DIY'er ... so I built my own .... the frame is fabbed up from 2 in. Sch 40 PVC ..... I put a SEARS roof top cargo box on the frame ( 18.5 cu. ft. ) .... the lights are all LED for a trailer kit .... for the suspension I created " cantilever " arms that allow for " old fashioned Bed Springs to be used ... instead of the normal Ball & Coupler connection I use a Toyt. " Tie rod " that is attached to the Spyder hitch with a lock nut, no more clang clang clang weighs 110 lbs, and tows like a dream. ... I can tow almost 300lbs of gear ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I'd love to see pictures of that! Wife and I are just starting to take longer-duration trips and I'd love to have a camper.