Spyder Garage

Question Any Alternatives to Two Brothers Juicebox for a 2008 GS?

Hi,

I’m relatively new to the Spyder world; I bought a 2008 at the end of last riding season. I’ve been having a lot of fun on it, but after riding for a while, I start to get a popping and sputtering sound out of the exhaust. It has the Two Brothers exhaust on it, and from what I’ve read, this could be the culprit… although, admittedly I have no idea.
    From what I’ve read, installing a Juice Box can quite often fix this. The problem is, I can’t seem to find one for sale anywhere.
    I’ve also looked into the Power Commander, but they don’t seem to offer anything for the 2008…only 2009-12. I find this a little odd, because I thought the motors were tuned the same, on both the 2008-2009 GS’s.
    Are there any other options beyond replacing the Two Brothers exhaust, with a factory one? I kind like the way the TB looks and sounds (when it’s not misbehaving) and would like to keep it if possible.
    Thanks in advance, for any insight or advice!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-28-2022 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is a 'What should I use?' question not a 'How To: DIY' guide; & fixed all the Â’s?!? ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Syd7890 View Post
    Hi,

I’m relatively new to the Spyder world; I bought a 2008 at the end of last riding season. I’ve been having a lot of fun on it, but after riding for a while, I start to get a popping and sputtering sound out of the exhaust. It has the Two Brothers exhaust on it, and from what I’ve read, this could be the culprit… although, admittedly I have no idea.
    From what I’ve read, installing a Juice Box can quite often fix this. The problem is, I can’t seem to find one for sale anywhere.
    I’ve also looked into the Power Commander, but they don’t seem to offer anything for the 2008…only 2009-12. I find this a little odd, because I thought the motors were tuned the same, on both the 2008-2009 GS’s.
    Are there any other options beyond replacing the Two Brothers exhaust, with a factory one? I kind like the way the TB looks and sounds (when it’s not misbehaving) and would like to keep it if possible.
    IMHO... the " juice box " is gone because it was problematic..... Your V-twin had a few variations during the time it was put into Spyders ..... good luck fixing your issue ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-28-2022 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi,

Contact BaJaRon a sponsor here...What I think you need is a O2 eliminator...Evolution Performance used to sell kits with 02 eliminators, but they are long gone...I "THINK" Ron was trying to find a source for this product??? I'm pretty sure he has one on his own 2008 RS??? Keep us updated on the outcome...larryd

Spyder Garage

Could also be the well known vacuum hoses issue at the throttle bodies... Do a search here, there should be a LOT of info and possibly walkthroughs on replacing them with high-temp silicone ones....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi,

Here is a link from "back in the day"....https://www.spydertalk.com/threads/o2-sensor.5657/

Spyder Garage

Thanks for everyone’s replies. I didn’t know the Juice Box’s had a reputation for being problematic…what were they notorious for?
    I reached out to BaJaRon via Facebook messenger (I couldn’t figure out how to contact him on this site). I’m still awaiting his reply.
    Do all the aftermarket exhausts have the same tendencies as the Two Brothers…is the stock exhaust pretty much the only option, without doing additional modifications?
    Thanks once again, for your replies!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for everyone’s replies. I didn’t know the Juice Box’s had a reputation for being problematic…what were they notorious for?
    I reached out to BaJaRon via Facebook messenger (I couldn’t figure out how to contact him on this site). I’m still awaiting his reply.
    Do all the aftermarket exhausts have the same tendencies as the Two Brothers…is the stock exhaust pretty much the only option, without doing additional modifications?
    Thanks once again, for your replies!
    If you can see/find any of his posts, simply click on his username to get the drop down list to appear; then click on Private Message & you'll go to the PM page with his name already added to the appropriate address field, so all you need to do is fill in the title & text fields & then hit Submit!

If you can't find one of his posts readily, simply click on the Notifications button up in the Top Right Corner of every page (just to the Left of where it says 'My Profile ); then click on Inbox from the drop down list (probly the only thing actually in that drop down! ); and look for 'Send New Message' in the Left Hand column (probly about 3 lines under My Messages ); then add BajaRon to the Recipient Users field before filling in the title & text fields as necessary & finally hitting Submit!!

After all that, you simply need to keep an eye on that Notifications link up in the Top Right Corner of the page - when it flashes & has a red number alongside it, you've got a message, probly a reply from BajaRon - if clicking on that, Inbox, & then any message shown as unread EVER gives you a pop-up asking for a Read Receipt, the PLEASE ALWAYS RESPOND YES, cos doing anything else will leave a link hanging that could mean you get repeated attempts to get the message thru to you, eventually filling your Inbox & causing issues for you and the Forum. It's usually just a courtesy to let the sender know you've received & opened the msg, but sometimes it might be a little more important!

Over to you!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!