Spyder Garage

Default Will this Enclosed trailer fit both an RT and an F3L?

My buddy and I are planning a trip California to ride PC1 from Morro Bay all the way into BC. We live in Central Texas so to save time we will be trailering our bikes, a 2021 RTL S2S and 2019 F3L, to California.

I have researched threads on this site about what size is needed to haul both bikes in an enclosed trailer. I will have access to a7x16' v nose trailer (14' body plus the v nose)

Has anyone on the forum hauled bikes (2021 RTL and 2019 F3L) with that size trailer? if so, please comment and if anyone has pics to post as well it would most appreciated!!!

Spyder Garage

Are you planning to park the tow vehicle and trailer in Morrow Bay or SLO (San Luis Obispo) and come back to it? Or is there a third person who will be driving them north. The reason I mention it is vehicle and trailer theft are rampant here on the leftist left coast. Even lockable trailer wheel chocks don't stop the thefts.
    Need info abut what to expect? Email me at zittenfields@Q.com
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Planning to leave the truck and trailer in Bakersfield with friends.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanY View Post
    Planning to leave the truck and trailer in Bakersfield with friends.
    Behind a 12' wall with razor wire on top and a pack of Pit Bulls in the yard?
    Do not pass up The Avenue of the Giants just north of Garberville. You will be glad you are not in a car.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I suggest you park both bikes face to face as close together as safely possible. Measure the space they occupy. Try back to back (maybe offset the rear wheels) and measure again. If you answer your own question you won't have to blame the internet if they don't fit. I hope the trailer is a tandem axle. They can carry the weight better and tow much better in windy conditions.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanY View Post
    My buddy and I are planning a trip California to ride PC1 from Morro Bay all the way into BC. We live in Central Texas so to save time we will be trailering our bikes, a 2021 RTL S2S and 2019 F3L, to California.

I have researched threads on this site about what size is needed to haul both bikes in an enclosed trailer. I will have access to a7x16' v nose trailer (14' body plus the v nose)

Has anyone on the forum hauled bikes (2021 RTL and 2019 F3L) with that size trailer? if so, please comment and if anyone has pics to post as well it would most appreciated!!!
    with WDAVEY, measure the trailers EXACT useable inside footprint, chalk or tape that onto a hard surface driveway, parking area, etc. Then see which way your bikes might fit the best! Less damage to bikes or trailer this way before loading them.
    JMHO, but that's what I would do!.........Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Here is what you do. Get some masking tape and tape the exact outline of the interior on the triveway. Only option I see is pull first one in facing forward. Probably the F3 it has more of a nose than RT. Put a piece of tarp (plastic) under the rear wheel. Slide the tarp which will slide the rear rear EASIER all the way to the left wall. Now back in second spyder RT. Your going to have to put rear tire on another tarp and pull to oppose wall, back in some more, pull again and back again. Not sure if the saddle bags will hit. ITS GOING TO BE VERY TIGHT! I can put 2 spyders one front one back in 8’ wide and 13 deep. It takes work. It’s not a 5 minute jobber. Not sure the 7 wide will cut it. I think the bags will hit but try on driveway with tape. Get used to jockeying the with no walls first before trying in trailer.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Size

....I agree with what others have already posted. The 7' wide is a tuff fit. The 8' wide by 16' would be a better fit.
    Do the tape and driveway test and see what happens.

Good Luck with your Mission. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

We have a 7x19 v-nose that we haul 2 F3L`s in. We back them in so that the second ones trunk is over the first ones nose. That gives us about 4 inches of room all the way around the bikes. There are 6 tied down rings in the floor and the bikes are nice and immobile. We did put a hard plastic tread on the trailer ramp for grip so the back tire doesn`t spin when loading.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

We haul two 2021 RT's on an open 7x14 trailer without any issues. However, being open allows for easy tiedown and access. An enclosed 7 wide isn't going to offer as much access. It'll work though, just drive the first bike on and then shift the rear over to one side, then back the second bike on along side. Piece of cake. I did what others are saying...park the bikes in the driveway and break out the tape measure. Position the bikes however you need to make it work, but I don't have any issues with two RT's
    Last edited by Mazo EMS2; 04-28-2022 at 04:17 PM.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Anyone have photos of an RTL and F3L tied down inside their enclosed trailer?

If so, what are your interior trailer dimensions?

Spyder Garage

Here’s some pics of 2 RT’s tied down in a 7 x 20 v-nose. Strap over each wheel.
    2022 RT-L , Silver

Spyder Garage

Thanks for sending those pics!

How much space from the front of the second bike to the closed ramp door?

Spyder Garage

There is about 12 - 15 inches behind the 2nd Spyder - and enough room between them to open the frunk as well.
    2022 RT-L , Silver