Spyder Garage

Default Which hitch is best choice?

I've seen online the BRP trailer hitch, The Show Chrome trailer hitch and the CA Am Spyder Accessories. Com trailer hitch.
    I'm looking for opinions on which is a better choice for my 2021 RTL. I am looking at the Leisure Lite motorcycle camper.
    Thanks for any input.
    Bob

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RNBOB View Post
    I've seen online the BRP trailer hitch, The Show Chrome trailer hitch and the CA Am Spyder Accessories. Com trailer hitch.
    I'm looking for opinions on which is a better choice for my 2021 RTL. I am looking at the Leisure Lite motorcycle camper.
    Thanks for any input.
    Bob
    I built three for Spyders I own .... and five that I sold .... IMHO the one from BRP is nice but not worth the money. Creating a Hitch is Not rocket science and I've seen after-market hitches ( newer models ) and they appear up to the job..... Remember the MAX you should be towing is only FOUR hundred lbs.... and it's on wheels .... When I was 65 and still had snow-mobiles I was able to move the two I had ( 600 lbs ea. ) that were on my double wide trailer ...... I have examined the Can-Am hitch and am sure it could tow 2000lbs. without issue. .... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Read some posts here about aftermarkets failing, but not any BRP hitches failing. With the hitch being mounted to the swingarm and the axle it has to take a lot of punishment. If like other hitches that are attached to the frame of the bike there is much, much less stress and punishment. I would not trust my Leisure Lite to any hitch other than a factory hitch.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2023 at 04:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

Most hitches made by a bonded and licensed company would be adequate and capable. The big issue is the pounding the tongue takes due to the axle hitting every pot-hole. The best solution is a modified tongue with a shock. I pull a leisure lite and am converting mine this summer for our ride to Alaska.

1DDFFFDE-239C-463E-9388-76F4ADDF9F0F.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2023 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

I need a tongue end like that! Did you order or have made?