The Woodlands, Texas and Pipe Creek, Texas
    Spyder Garage

Default Any comments or suggestions on B.E.S.T. ?

Been thinking about going with the BEST extended warranty mostly because of all the electronics on my new to me 2020 RTL. I've read that the major components on Spyders hold up pretty well. As far as the electronics, I've read that the parts come from China so I'm kind of hesitant to pull the trigger on a BEST. I would hate to throw away the money on a warranty that can not be supported due to lack of parts availability. And yes my factory warranty is still in effect.

Any comments or suggestions?

Spyder Garage

B.E.S.T. won't have any bearing on parts availability. You'll have to pay/wait either way. That said, if you have the warranty, the service may only cost you the $50 deduct versus hundred's of $$.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I purchased the B.E.S.T. extended warranty years ago for exactly the same reason you are considering it. My parking brake motor was replaced under the original factory warranty about a year after I bought the Spyder and the extended warranty expired unused. If I were to purchase another Spyder, which I have absolutely no intention of doing, I would again go the B.E.S.T. route. Shop for the lowest price.
    Last edited by JayBros; 04-28-2022 at 07:15 AM.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

To prevent electical problems, install a fuse block and power all electrical add-ons through that. Spyders have a canbus system that does not like to be played with.
    BTW....You can get the B.E.S.T. warranty from Thomas Palmer at iMotorsports for $671. 630 529-5200
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Remember $671 for 3 years of best from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428
    IMOTORSPORTS is a SPYDERLOVERS sponsor and you are a member, Tell them that.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

If you like your dealer, ask them to match the $671 you can get from Thomas. May give you a leg up on scheduling any warranty work.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default B e s t warranty

..Let's face it. The cost of repairs is not going to go down or even go away. I purchase my BEST WARRANTY from my local Dealer. They even matched the price of the Big Dealer. $671.00 for the 3 extra years. Just ask your local Spyder Dealer and see if they want to match.

Do I think that the BRP BEST WARRANTY is a good value?
    YES I DO.......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

my suggestion is get the BEST warranty and address the availability issue if and when it arises??? I Mototsports still has the "best" pricing on the BEST warranty but maybe your regular/local dealer might match it? Mine did.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

I would not own a Spyder that does not have a warranty. I had occasion to use the BEST warranty 3 times for my former 2014 RTL. Each time the cost to repair exceeded the total cost for the warranty..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I have a little more time until my 1 year warranty runs out, contacted Imotorsports, still 671 for 3 years. My local dealer was saying close to 1k. Looks like they can't be beat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by peterparker View Post
    Been thinking about going with the BEST extended warranty mostly because of all the electronics on my new to me 2020 RTL. I've read that the major components on Spyders hold up pretty well. As far as the electronics, I've read that the parts come from China so I'm kind of hesitant to pull the trigger on a BEST. I would hate to throw away the money on a warranty that can not be supported due to lack of parts availability. And yes my factory warranty is still in effect.

Any comments or suggestions?
    I've been waiting on a part. The work order from the dealership showed it would cost me $954.00 parts/labor. But it's covered by my warranty, so its going to cost me $50.00.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited