Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP is shipping incomplete bikes to their dealers!

Dealer uncrated 10 bikes yesterday. All 10 had something missing. Windshields was #1 item missing. Some had no gauge cluster. BRP is shipping incomplete bikes to their dealers. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

An ongoing saga. We are getting about 50/50 results in another thread.

About 1/2 are ticked off, cancelling orders, or just getting madder as the day goes by.

The other half seem to be alright with it, and some of them are blaming the "supply chain" issues.

My opinion is in the other thread.

If every bike has something missing...it seems to me (IMO of course) that a logistical nightmare is on the horizon. What completion parts go where, etc.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-26-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

With China close to going on complete Covid lockdown, things are going to get much worse

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

This is known and something dealers have been handling with all types of vehicles for months. Even GM and Ford are shipping cars with missing parts telling customers they’ll get them later. I have a Spyder at the dealer missing the windshield motor and reverse solenoid. I could get madder by the day (which won’t change the situation), get angry and cancel something that I’ll have in a few weeks at most, or go search for a used one that someone thinks is worth more than new (which might be true for someone who has a road trip planned and can’t wait any longer if they want to go on their trip as planned).
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    With China close to going on complete Covid lockdown, things are going to get much worse
    There are so many other Countries we could be doing business with to produce goods, including our own. Even it costs more. Follow the money.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

It would be funny if you could the parts from cheep cycle parts or another parts site
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

I put money down on RT L two weeks ago and the dealer told me the bike was being shipped on 4/22. He also told me that I should not expect the bike to be shipped complete. He also told me that he has no idea when the missing parts would be shipped. I'm OK with it as I have a Triumph T100 to ride. I know the dealer is not happy with this situation as he has over a dozen bikes pending delivery waiting on parts. This will be an exercise in patience.
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Where's the, "I don't like this post button"? Not the poster, just the subject.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seems like BRP could put a few bikes together and ship them complete. It wouldn't get as many out the door but it might make a few customers happy that they can actually ride this year. I'd rather have to wait on a new bike than to get one that I know is just sitting at the dealer (or in my garage) waiting on a necessary part (like a gauge cluster). Besides, I would think that the warranty would start when the customer picks up the bike even if he/she has to wait possibly months before they can actually ride.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Spyder Garage

why arnt people ordering from imotorsports, they have about 50 bikes,, wonder if they are receiving complete units , heard all good things about them.
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Numbers Game

...Well the best guess on BRP shipping of incomplete Spyders is 'need the space'.
    Annnnndddd........... probably make the most sense of getting more Spyders out the Door. ...
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post
    why arnt people ordering from imotorsports, they have about 50 bikes,, wonder if they are receiving complete units , heard all good things about them.
    I got my 2016F3T from them. According to their website, they have stock. But from what I have been told by others, their website hasn't been updated and they are having the same issues with getting in new units as everyone else. I picked up a sweet deal on a 2016 F3T for my wife in November. My 2 riding buddies were shopping for their wives. One ordered a F3 in February and the delivery date has been moved from May until now September. The other ordered a Slingshot and her date has been moved out to August. The one that ordered the slingshot was given an app to track the progress. Not sure if it is accurate, but at least there is something to look at during the day. As for my wife, she is enjoying riding her 2016 F3T and paid almost $8,000 less than the one who ordered the base model F3, and she still has 5 more months to wait.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Geez, I just bought a 2022 RAM Laramie.. the dealer did not say anything was missing? so now I wonder if all of that stuff is some fake news?
    BIG F

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Dealer uncrated 10 bikes yesterday. All 10 had something missing. Windshields was #1 item missing. Some had no gauge cluster. BRP is shipping incomplete bikes to their dealers. Tom
    This has been a hot topic of discussion for several weeks now! You missed them, maybe??

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    This has been a hot topic of discussion for several weeks now! You missed them, maybe??
    Haven't been on in 3 weeks or so. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    Geez, I just bought a 2022 RAM Laramie.. the dealer did not say anything was missing? so now I wonder if all of that stuff is some fake news?
    BIG F

Just picked up a 22 Cadillac XT5. GM is shipping cars with heated steering wheels, and rear heated seats no working. They are also having trouble getting trailer hitches for their cars and trucks. Tom

Spyder Garage

GM is shipping cars with heated steering wheels, and rear heated seats no working.
    Fortunately that's not much of a problem, unless you live in Australia or the southern end of S America!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Haven't been on in 3 weeks or so. Tom
    Thought maybe that was the case. Surprising sometimes just how much can happen when we're gone for a bit! Have you seen the video the CEO of BRP put out discussing why they're shipping incomplete units and about using office staff to help build them? Sorry, I can't seem to find the post with the link.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I have recently been shopping for a new car. Not only is it hard to find certain makes and models of new cars I was told by several dealers that if I ordered a car custom there was no guarantee that everything would work on the car; In particular, the touch screen and many of the electronic functions. Some cars have shipped with touchscreens that don't "touch" and other cars shipped with missing components, mostly non critical components. They are saying that it might be a year or longer if those features will work. Later model used cars are bringing premium prices right now due to these issues.

I didn't feel like paying MSRP++ for an incomplete car so I opted to buy a slightly used 22 model year that had everything working on it (or at least I haven't found, anything not working yet) and saved a few thousand $ in the process.

Crazy times we are in right now.
    Sold: 2020RT base with numerous improvements and farkles
    Previous 2 wheels: 3 BMWs, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha and 1 Husqvarna

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilcoJunoHotel View Post
    I have recently been shopping for a new car. Not only is it hard to find certain makes and models of new cars I was told by several dealers that if I ordered a car custom there was no guarantee that everything would work on the car; In particular, the touch screen and many of the electronic functions. Some cars have shipped with touchscreens that don't "touch" and other cars shipped with missing components, mostly non critical components. They are saying that it might be a year or longer if those features will work. Later model used cars are bringing premium prices right now due to these issues.

I didn't feel like paying MSRP++ for an incomplete car so I opted to buy a slightly used 22 model year that had everything working on it (or at least I haven't found, anything not working yet) and saved a few thousand $ in the process.

Crazy times we are in right now.
    I fell into a deal at a local Cadillac dealer. Got what I paid for my Honda Ridgeline 2 years ago. And talked them into discounting a demo XT5 with only 1,000 miles on it. They dropped the $1500 over retail. Discounted, $5,000 plus zero % finance. I could not pass up the deal. Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Thought maybe that was the case. Surprising sometimes just how much can happen when we're gone for a bit! Have you seen the video the CEO of BRP put out discussing why they're shipping incomplete units and about using office staff to help build them? Sorry, I can't seem to find the post with the link.
    Have not seen the video. Tom

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have not seen the video. Tom
    Go to BRP.Com then click on delivery updates, for the video

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Watched that video. Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me. "Hey. Sorry. It's not our fault. We're still going to send the dealers fewer bikes and incomplete bikes but hey. You know how it is."

This is one of the reasons why I was shocked at how long it took to sell my bike.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    Go to BRP.Com then click on delivery updates, for the video
    https://www.brp.com/en/delivery-updates.html
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I checked it out. Was very surprised to hear that office workers are now working extra hours to help put the Spyders together.

All I will say about that is

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red