Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Traded in our (aka wife's) 15 RTL for a 23 and it's time for all the mod fun to begin again. The 15 had the FenderZ from TricLED along will a lot of the a-arm lights and others of the 'smoked tube' flexible lights. The FenderZ were rock solid for 7 years, no issues but the tube lights failed a lot. In general, I like the TricLED FenderZ better than the others like Show Chrome, but the failures here have me very concerned. Cindy and Reggy have always been great but it's also too much of a hassle to keep replacing. So here's my questions...

1. It's been over a year since these reports. Has anyone seen an improvement in the quality in new stock?
    2. We know happy people don't post - what is the failure rate truly? The numbers reported here are concerning but is it still just a handful of problems out of hundreds? Who has had these new FenderZ in for 2 years or more with no problems?
    3. While I like the TricLED style best - like reflectors still working, etc. I don't want to go down a path of multiple re-installs. Who has installed the Slayer kits from Show Chrome and how much better quality do you think they are than TricLED?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-27-2023 at 12:12 AM.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

All of these issues appear to be with the fender sequential lights, has anyone installed the Run/Brake/Turn lights from Tricled on the rear of an F3T. and what was your experience with these ?? .
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    All of these issues appear to be with the fender sequential lights, has anyone installed the Run/Brake/Turn lights from Tricled on the rear of an F3T. and what was your experience with these ?? .
    I have been using the TricLED Run/Turn/Brake light kit on my F3S for three seasons without issues. Just ordered the variant for my 2022 S2S.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    Yes. And I'm trying to determine if any improvements have been made or if people are still having failures?
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

I have had the Tricled stop, turn and running lights on the rear of my 2020 since new, no problems at all.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I have had the Tricled stop, turn and running lights on the rear of my 2020 since new, no problems at all.
    I installed these on my wifes F3T and they began to act up, since then I purchased a 2023 RTL and I will NOT be installing any sort of fender lights. When I think about the torture that tire endures each time the unit is used, pot holes and other nasty road hazards I'm actually amazed the factory light still works there is some serious jarring going on there. 🤔

I will do the rear view mirror turn signal but that's it, which is isolated from the serious jarrings. ✔️

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    I installed these on my wifes F3T and they began to act up, since then I purchased a 2023 RTL and I will NOT be installing any sort of fender lights. When I think about the torture that tire endures each time the unit is used, pot holes and other nasty road hazards I'm actually amazed the factory light still works there is some serious jarring going on there. ��

I will do the rear view mirror turn signal but that's it, which is isolated from the serious jarrings. ✔️
    While I'm not sure which lights that you have, the ones listed below are not affected by bumps or vibrations unless the installer leaves things loose and not tie strapped securely.

https://store.valueaccessories.net/S...BrakeTurn.aspx Several of our vendors have these, I used Value Accessories, as that is where I got mine.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-13-2023 at 06:09 PM.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    While I'm not sure which lights that you have, the ones listed below are not affected by bumps or vibrations unless the installer leaves things loose and not tie strapped securely.

https://store.valueaccessories.net/S...BrakeTurn.aspx Several of our vendors have these, I used Value Accessories, as that is where I got mine.
    Bought these on BF sale at 20% off. The lights wrapped around my F3S taillight are nice and bright. Having both the tube type and fender type, I'm thinking the tube type are more durable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-13-2023 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

These were on my list of parts to buy for my new F3-S. I'm so glad I didn't pull the trigger on them. I like the TricLED version better than others mainly because they seem to be better diffused (no specific points of light) or just way more LED in the reflector than others to make it look more like a solid yellow bar.

Honestly, I would seriously consider at this point to make this myself. I should be able to find the proper connectors (I don't believe they are proprietary) and it may be possible to modify the stock reflector with a good quality flexible amber LED strip.

I hope others keep this thread alive and can post if newer stock has been improved.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-13-2023 at 06:06 PM. Reason: i & if ... ;-)
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

Here is my opinion and finding with Tricled. I have the sequential along with the original version that simply blinked. The original blinking ones were bulletproof. They worked awesome with no problems. I was hit by a deer several years ago and had to goto the sequentials. (Replacements) Within 2 months, pins started burning out. They sent me a new version 2 and they lasted for the year and after winter this year, several starting blinking. Again they sent me a new set and they worked perfect for the entire summer. We’ll see if they last sitting over the winter. I spoke with Henry at the D3W (deadwood three wheel rally) Henry is (Spyderpops) He said he’s switched to Show Chrome for this exact reason same with Lamonster. I’ll come back to the sequential in a second. I also have the tricled brake flashers and they have worked flawless since 2017. I have tric LED’s wheel lights and they are flawless and believe me they really take a crap load of hitting especially since i live on a dirt road. I have the A-arms and again no problems. I have the brake, flashers and turn for the rear and they are also flawless. I’ve had them for 4 years. So I believe it is only the sequential that is having a problem. Now back to sequential, I was told that the new version has changed and that the show Chrome version is now the new tricled version but that is not confirmed. I was told look at the front lens of showchrome sequential and you will see tric led emblem very small. I was also told that show chrome is purchasing a lot of their stuff like the vaider/Michael knight/ kit kit from tricled and branding them as show chrome. I have the vaider/ Michael knight/ Kitt led also and it has been flawless. So is the tricled sequential the same as showchrome that lamonster and spyderpops sells the same as the new tricled I don’t know for sure but was told they are now the same. You’d have to look at the front corner and see if it says tric led.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I think part of the problem is none of the companies selling these are in a position to demand improvements or changes from their suppliers. Suppliers overseas have been known to ignore or just not follow policy or protocol.

The company I work for has requirements, policies and legal contracts with our OEM partners that hold everyone accountable. We do first article inspections and routinely meet with OEM suppliers to discuss warranty and improvements. We throw a lot of money their way and if they wish to do business they will comply and make corrections as requested. We also guarantee them "X" years of sales of the equipment and exclusive rights for replacement parts etc.

My point is SlingMods, TricLED, or any of these companies that rely on offshore manufacturing are not in this same position to demand or turn away sales or product. I'm sure they forward issues and concerns but I don't think they can effectively hold suppliers accountable and are at their mercy when corrections are released.

Interesting tidbit about the rebranding of product. This then really makes it harder to tell who has a better product.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-13-2023 at 06:04 PM. Reason: supplies ... + ;-)
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I was told that the new version has changed and that the show Chrome version is now the new tricled version but that is not confirmed. I was told look at the front lens of showchrome sequential and you will see tric led emblem very small. I was also told that show chrome is purchasing a lot of their stuff like the vaider/Michael knight/ kit kit from tricled and branding them as show chrome. I have the vaider/ Michael knight/ Kitt led also and it has been flawless. So is the tricled sequential the same as showchrome that lamonster and spyderpops sells the same as the new tricled I don’t know for sure but was told they are now the same. You’d have to look at the front corner and see if it says tric led.
    I don't think this is true. I just got a set of the Show Chrome Slayer from Lamonster and it has the Show Chrome part number etched in the lens. I also have the Tricled HiViz mirror lights and they have Tricled etched in the lens. I was pretty sure Tricled either had their own manufacturing facility in China or was using the same one for a very long time with some sort of partnership. In general I like the Tricled products and on the old bike the original FenderZ were flawless since 2016 but these issues scared me away from them in favor of the Show Chrome's. I did have issues with several of the TricLed flexible tube LEDs where a few on them went out but I never bothered replacing them. Having good customer service is great but I rather have a product that works long terms and doesn't need great service and replacement. The labor, either doing it yourself or worse having to pay someone again and again is just not worth it if there is a more reliable product. I really wish all Tric products were super reliable, I just don't see them rebranding them for others.

OLD/TRADED