Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    I’ve performed it both ways…..initial installation with front tires removed and replacement led with fender off.
    I thought the fender removal was easier for me while working on the ground. The challenge is tucking the wire loom away from tire so as not rub on it.
    Don’t forget the dielectric grease on the connections…..and using heat shrink on connectors.
    I installed mine, but excess wire above the upper A arms. I again removed fender to tuck wires up under fender, but may have been easier this time to remove wheels.
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickWB View Post
    I installed mine, but excess wire above the upper A arms. I again removed fender to tuck wires up under fender, but may have been easier this time to remove wheels.
    I just installed some TricLED fog light run/turn covers. Needed to install a 2-1 power connection. I removed the tires this time. I jacked up each side a bit one at a time to give a bit more room. Worked like a charm. Much easier than fender removal/finagling.
    Last edited by troop; 07-10-2022 at 07:06 AM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i have installed several of these took fender off first install never again much easier to take wheels off

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads up.

Spyder Garage

Ok after troubleshooting my light, I found a broken wire that feeds the amber light.
    It was at the connection where the terminal was crimped onto the wire.

I really think that most problems with these lights are due to using a very small wire that is easily broken.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I really think that most problems with these lights are due to using a very small wire that is easily broken.
    I totally agree. Plus the connectors are not water proof at all.

I also found removing the wheel was much easier. I'm not sure why the install videos don't show that instead. At the least it could be mentioned as an option.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have had mine on my 2020 for a little over a year, they failed on vacation last week.
    I emailed Tricled and they said they were out of warranty, $10 for 2 new ones.
    After I purchased them I told them how dissipointed I was. The ones on my 2015 are still working after 6 years and an impact with a dear at 55mph. These new ones didn't make it 2 years with no impacts on anything.

I was told they would research it.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I have had mine on my 2020 for a little over a year, they failed on vacation last week.
    I emailed Tricled and they said they were out of warranty, $10 for 2 new ones.
    After I purchased them I told them how dissipointed I was. The ones on my 2015 are still working after 6 years and an impact with a dear at 55mph. These new ones didn't make it 2 years with no impacts on anything.

I was told they would research it.
    Which light quit? Was it the whole side or only one light or all of them? If it's only one, try checking the wire at the connector where the light plugs into the harness. I have found a couple that the crimp was too tight and they mostly cut through the wires and failed there.
    A little solder and they were as good as new.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Which light quit? Was it the whole side or only one light or all of them? If it's only one, try checking the wire at the connector where the light plugs into the harness. I have found a couple that the crimp was too tight and they mostly cut through the wires and failed there.
    A little solder and they were as good as new.
    On the left side there are a total of 6 LEDs that are out in a total of 3 places. right side 2 LEDs are out in 1 spot.

Replacments are on the way at $10.00

I did tell Tricled about the problems and about this page and they said they would look into it.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Mine have failed in many ways, the wiring is screwy, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Now some of the leds are out. Overall poor quality in my opinion. I will take the light plugs out and just leave them as reflectors if I can't find something better. Chris
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-12-2022 at 07:40 PM. Reason: less - leds ;-)

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

I installed them on our 2020 RT's late last year, prob 1k miles since then no issues. We haven't ridden in a downpour, been lucky enough to only be caught in light rain.
    The first set, I took the fenders off. Second set, I jacked the spyder up and removed wheels, much easier.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    On the left side there are a total of 6 LEDs that are out in a total of 3 places. right side 2 LEDs are out in 1 spot.

Replacments are on the way at $10.00

I did tell Tricled about the problems and about this page and they said they would look into it.
    Yeah, once the individual leds start going out then it's a light problem and not a wiring problem. Replacements for 10.00 is not bad but I do understand the frustration of dealing with it.

Spyder Garage

Had the sequential type for a few years. Now some LEDS are out. I'll replace when we return from the 3 wheel rally.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I have replaced them on my 2020 RT 3 times and now a number of leds on the left side are out. I like the looks of them, but now thinking of getting the ones from Spyder Pops as that's what I put on my wife's 2021 StS.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

On my third set on all four positions. Back to reflectors only if these start going.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-14-2022 at 01:34 AM. Reason: theses - these ;-)
    2014 ST-S Cognac
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

This is why we had to drop TricLED as a vendor. Constant rework due to crap quality LEDs and wiring. Just could not afford to keep doing work over and over on customers bikes. And Tric began declining to cover products under warranty.

We simply do not have these problems with LEDs from SpyderPops and Lamonster Garage. We sell those products, install them and stand behind them. I cannot say none ever fail but it is rare and replacements are not a long drawn out affair. Always sent promptly.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    This is why we had to drop TricLED as a vendor. Constant rework due to crap quality LEDs and wiring. Just could not afford to keep doing work over and over on customers bikes. And Tric began declining to cover products under warranty.

We simply do not have these problems with LEDs from SpyderPops and Lamonster Garage. We sell those products, install them and stand behind them. I cannot say none ever fail but it is rare and replacements are not a long drawn out affair. Always sent promptly.
    Thanks for the info... Lamonster carries Show Chrome lights.. I just bought a set and was worried I made a mistake...
    Question: Have you ever hooked the red fender lights as Running / Brake lights instead of running / turn lights?
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

I've had mine on for less than a year. Both the yellow and red lights on the left fender have failing lights. It is the Back/lower end of both. They did send me a replacement set for left and the right side. I am going to wait until winter to replace them.

Spyder Garage

Those who've received a replacement from TricLED - did you buy yours at Tricled or somewhere else? I bought mine at Slingmods 1.5 years ago and have the same issues. Should I now contact Slingmods or go directly TricLED ???
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-19-2022 at 04:58 AM. Reason: ....
    modified 2020 F3-S for paraplegics including handbrake, wheelchairmount etc.
    2020 F3-S , pedalbox black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ShockwaveSpyder View Post
    Those who've received a replacement from TricLED - did you buy yours at Tricled or somewhere else? I bought mine at Slingmods 1.5 years ago and have the same issues. Should I now contact Slingmods or go directly TricLED ???
    I'd go directly with Tric. They do have good customer service.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On my second set under warranty. Water was not the cause of failure. My spyder almost never sees water. I think the failures are from potholes. I am going to open one up and investigate. I also have a set from custom fynamics on the 2014 and never had any issues, but they are no where near as bright.
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 07-19-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

I've had to replace my amber strips at least twice so far in under 18 months. Both times TricLED were awesome with the service, albeit sad that they failed so early. I have misc. dead LEDs now, but not enough to make the effort of changing them out worth it yet. One of the red sets got stuck in sequential mode after a long ride in hard rain. Stayed on for a couple hours... stopped once it dried out. With all that said tho, I still love the way they look and light up the bike at night. Ride Safe!
    -Biker Tank-
    Places visited on 2 or 3 wheels in the last 10 years...
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Metallic / Chrome

Spyder Garage

I am very disappointed with these products. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RiderDuke View Post
    Thanks for the info... Lamonster carries Show Chrome lights.. I just bought a set and was worried I made a mistake...
    Question: Have you ever hooked the red fender lights as Running / Brake lights instead of running / turn lights?
    No. Turn signal wiring is just above on the mirror or signal. Brake would need to wire to the back and having STOP lights on the front fender would look kinda odd.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I'm in the tire off camp - I find it much easier than the fender off. I install quit a few of these for folks. I prefer the old style to the new durability wise. I've had to replace a few of the new ones for people. One thing I will say for sure - is the wires are tiny and brittle - and the plastic surround on the LEDs is also cheap and brittle. Be very careful when installing them - do not apply too much pressure thinking more pressure is better for the adhesive - it's not. Too much pressure will put hairline cracks in the plastic allowing moisture in (assuming they were sealed up well in the first place).

They look great - and all in all - TricLED has always made it right - but I have seen a bunch of failures.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black