Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

First of all, once again, thanks to all of you who took the time to answer!

Yesterday morning I wanted to take the plunge and buy the demo model.

I was very much torn between the 2016 and the demo model, because a) the second hand bike had all the extras I wanted but could not justify to buy straight away for the demo model and b) the argument that initial issues with new bikes have been ironed out over time also made me lean towards the second hand bike.

On the other hand… 41000 km versus 1000 km, no warranty versus full warranty… upgraded model…

Needless to say I had a sleepless night, also because I waned it NOW and not later on in the year. There are numerous reasons for this, but it will likely only bore you.

Anyhow, yesterday at 9am I phoned the dealer… and the demo bike was sold. Some time between my test riding it at noon on Saturday and closure somebody had bought the bike.

I ended up jumping onto a ferry from Vancouver to Victoria to test ride the second hand bike.

Now, I am the very happy owner of an older bike, with all bells and whistles and I can only hope it doesn’t cause me any issues.

As a total newcomer to Can Ams, after decades of riding two wheelers, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the longish ride home.

Thanks again for all your support,
    Best wishes
    Stef.

Spyder Garage

SORRY SKME…..I POSTED THE BELOW AT THE SAME TIME YOU POSTED YOUR INFO ABOUT BUYING THE EARLIER RT. You can’t delete a post……..congrats, and hoping you enjoy it.

If it was me, I would be buying option A, SKME…… the ‘20+ RT models have undergone a great refinement over the earlier models, plus all the current advertising blurb shows them being ridden on sand and gravel roads. I have had a ‘21 for 12 months and have ridden on gravel many times with no issues, but like everything, you also need to be lucky. The ‘21+ models handle much better in stock form than the pre ‘20 models. You can then decide exactly which mods are essential for you. Also, it is unlikely you will be able to get your hands on a 22 model for quite some time as BRP are having trouble sourcing electronic components due to Covid.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 04-28-2022 at 01:16 AM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder in the Garage

...Congratulations, .........
    on your new to you Spyder.

Enjoy your Ryde Time and Stay Safe. ........
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

No problem Peteoz. It will be good for me for some time and as you said, it is rather tricky to find a bike right now.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Option B is too much money! Pass on it.
    It's Canadian $$, about $18000 US. High, but in today's market maybe not outrageous.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    It's Canadian $$, about $18000 US. High, but in today's market maybe not outrageous.
    I realized this after a few other post's. Like you said, still a little high but as long as the op is happy that's all that matters.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi Stephanie,
    My first question is - did you test ride the 2016 Spyder? That would be the best way to compare, as to how the body style suits YOU. My wife and I were considering trading our heavy Yamaha cruiser in on a Spyder in 2018, and we went to a Dealer, who let us test ride both the F-3 and the RT style. Neither of us liked the 'feel' or 'fit' of either one. After a near wreck on the Yamaha in 2020, we again checked out the Spyder line, and as soon as I sat on the 'new' body style 2020 RT, I said to the salesman " they redesigned this to fit me". The wife likes the rear seat, especially with the arm rests installed, so that's how we roll now.
    To us, the 'feel' of the ride is of first importance, but Yes, they are also quite a lot of money.
    Safe riding with whichever choice you make.

Spyder Garage

I test rode both, the 2021 RT and the 2016 RTS. Both were equally good. I am quite happy with my 2016 RTS, particularly as it has the sway bar installed. It drives wonderfully, so far.