Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Which one of these RT's to choose?? Choice now made - Deal Done!

Hello everybody, newbie here. I am 57 years old female and have been riding a BMW R1200T until lately. I lost my confidence in riding two wheelers due to age and due to two friends of mine who have been involved in serious accidents with one of them dying.

I am contemplating buying a Cam Am Spyder 1330 and I just test ride one.

My husband will continue riding his BMW 1200 Adventure. We have a leeisure light camping trailer. The romantic idea is to go touring with both bikes, something we haven’t done enough in the past.

I have three options:

A) a 2021 demo bike with 900 km and no extras. 2021 Can-Am SPYDER RT 1330 ACE SE6
    CAD $25,789.00, before taxes. This is the bike I test rode. I will want a trailer hitch plus at least a drivers backrest. All in all it will cost me around CAD $31000 including taxes

B) A second hand bike. 2016 Can-Am Spyder RTS for CAD $22900. As far as I can tell it comes with all bells and whistles, here is the description: It was bought new in 2018. The seller is the second owner. It comes complete with the BRP factory trailer hitch & wiring harness and a BRP driver’s backrest. There is also heated handlebars for the driver and heated handgrips for the passenger. I have added the Baja Ron Sway Bar, Foam Handlebar grips, Floating Highway Boards and a dual port USB on the dash for whatever accessories you may have. This is a low mileage vehicle with just over 41,000 kms at the time. Last service was on September 16th, 2021, at which time a new rear tire was installed. Available now. CAD $22,900. Also included is a set of Stainless Steel grill guards

C) A brand new 2022 bike

I am very much torn as it is a lot of money and frankly, over the many years I had my BMW I never used it enough.

As I have no experience whatsoever with Cam Ams, only one test ride, and I hardly ever see any on the roads here in BC Canada, I am also slightly worried about all the electronics involved in that bike and their reliability. Is a second hand bike perhaps more reliable as inititial quirks might have been ironed out? But than…41000 km is quite a bit of use…

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Thank you,
    Stefanie
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-25-2022 at 07:18 PM. Reason: CAD not USD ;-)