Spyder Garage

Default Re-wiring RT-622 to tow with GW - Beyond me why such a big plug!

I have a 2012 RT622 trailer. It is huge. It matches the Spyder RT I bought my wife in 2012. She never rode it, unless I was the driver! I took it on several trips and love it. But I still have two wheels and prefer that for now. I gave the Spyder to my daughter who has logged many miles on it. I did, however, keep the trailer. I stressed about rewiring it for my Goldwing. That is, until I cut off the end and found four wires. Why did they put such a large connector on the trailer? Beyond me. Today I will put a new end on the wiring to connect the trailer to my 2019 Goldwing Tour. I'm looking forward to using this very large trailer!

IMG_20220420_191914009_HDR.jpg

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by epiphysis View Post
    I have a 2012 RT622 trailer. It is huge. It matches the Spyder RT I bought my wife in 2012. She never rode it, unless I was the driver! I took it on several trips and love it. But I still have two wheels and prefer that for now. I gave the Spyder to my daughter who has logged many miles on it. I did, however, keep the trailer. I stressed about rewiring it for my Goldwing. That is, until I cut off the end and found four wires. Why did they put such a large connector on the trailer? Beyond me. Today I will put a new end on the wiring to connect the trailer to my 2019 Goldwing Tour. I'm looking forward to using this very large trailer!
    ....it's Large ... it is Huge .... it also weighs approx. 250 lbs when it's Empty ...... have fun ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-21-2022 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display