Spyder Garage

Default This is how I still have Dry feet!

Ok, so my wife and I have waterproof boots, but in heavy rain the water flows up the boot, inside the over pants and gets into the boots from the top and makes your pants lowers all wet.

So I bought these cheep knee hghv waterproof boot and shin covers to put over your boots and under your waterproof pants. They are cheap and disposable.

I got them off Amazon and wore them to work. They are called,

Disposable Boot Covers Plastic Long Waterproof Shoes Cover Over The Knee Shoes Cover for Men Women

You can get various quantities starting at $10 for a whole bunch of them. Beats having to buy full height cumbersome dirt rider boots and trying to get them under your water proof pants. So far they work good and last more than one wear if you are comfortable. If they blow around a bit, a bit of duct tape can fix that. I hate wet feet and think this fixes it for cheap.

YMMV of course.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-19-2022 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Revised title for clarity & fixed endings of words... ;-)
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Dry Feet

....If it works for you that's great. I stopped ryding in the rain about 5 years ago. I only go on the dry days.

Enjoy your Ryde Time and Stay Dry. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Few times we get caught our rain gear (with over boots) has always kept us dry.

Spyder Garage

I have gaiters made from waterproof nylon with elastic and you can pull them on over the boot.I can't remember where i got them.

Spyder Garage

Don't ride in the rain and your feet will be dry.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Good to see that works for you, mecsw. Luckily, I have never experienced that issue. Both my sets of rain pants have horizontal Velcro bands on the bottom that let you fasten your rain pants tightly around your boot……no water ingress. Works a treat, and very easy to use

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Don't ride in the rain and your feet will be dry.
    Can't plan 10 day trips around dry weather ...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Can't plan 10 day trips around dry weather ...
    Back in 2017 we made a 28 day, 9300 mile trip out west and it only rained one day the entire trip. We were very lucky I guess.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Bread bags make good emergency boot liners.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When it rains a little, I ride. When it rains a lot and is pouring down, I find cover for a while or a hotel.

If I have to put my rain gear on I use these over my already waterproof boots and under the rain pants.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...xe-boot-covers
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mecsw500 View Post
    Ok, so my wife and I have waterproof boots, but in heavy rain the water flows up the boot, inside the over pants and gets into the boots from the top and makes your pants lowers all wet.

So I bought these cheep knee hghv waterproof boot and shin covers to put over your boots and under your waterproof pants. They are cheap and disposable.

I got them off Amazon and wore them to work. They are called,

Disposable Boot Covers Plastic Long Waterproof Shoes Cover Over The Knee Shoes Cover for Men Women

You can get various quantities starting at $10 for a whole bunch of them. Beats having to buy full height cumbersome dirt rider boots and trying to get them under your water proof pants. So far they work good and last more than one wear if you are comfortable. If they blow around a bit, a bit of duct tape can fix that. I hate wet feet and think this fixes it for cheap.

YMMV of course.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure some here can use it. I hate wet feet too.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

For those who are looking for completely waterproof motorcycle boots I've got to say Sidi Adventure 2 boots are excellent. Super comfortable, the clips make them really easy to put on/off and they are completely waterproof. Since getting them I've ridden through all seasons, even after one particular days ride that included 16 hours of heavy rain I still had dry feet.

Spyder Garage

If you're riding feet-forward, the rain is being forced up your boot and over the top. My boots are stove-pipe style under my riding pants and I tour a lot in heavy downpours at speed. In the rain, I consciously keep my feet under my butt (sport tourer neutral ergos) and have never had wet feet (goretex from neck to toes).
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

On rides where the weather is iffy, always wear my pants with a rain barrier built in and elastic cuffs. They snug over the waterproof boot and have never had to worry about wetness getting through. The jacket is the same. It is nice not having to get off the bike and dress a second time for the weather.