Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Fantastic…..thanks Bill.

My major concern is that the “narrow at the top” 28” BRP Touring screen may expose a lot of my upper body as it looks very narrow at the top (and there’s a lot of upper body to expose). What’s your gut feel for the width? Do you think the 25” stock BRP screen would be the same width across the top as 25” high on the 28” Touring screen? (if that makes any sense ). If yes, then the 28” BRP Touring screen is probably the way I will go, as the stock BRP 25” screen provides me with ideal protection for my requirements, apart from helmet buffeting.

Pete
    The top of my 28" shield (actually 27 1/2" tall) is 14 1/2" wide before the major top arch; and my standard OEM (actually 24" tall) is 17" wide before the top arch. So, in your case , the BRP touring WS may not be wide enough at the top 4U! "Guess & By God if I know what works the best" I just ride it! & at my age it's better than sex!.......Bill
    And watch your forehead on those low overpasses!
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    The top of my 28" shield (actually 27 1/2" tall) is 14 1/2" wide before the major top arch; and my standard OEM (actually 24" tall) is 17" wide before the top arch. So, in your case , the BRP touring WS may not be wide enough at the top 4U! "Guess & By God if I know what works the best" I just ride it! & at my age it's better than sex!.......Bill
    And watch your forehead on those low overpasses!
    Actually that might be perfect, Bill. Thanks very much for checking that.
    Based on that, it appears that BRP have just continued the same angle of their 25” shield up to the top of the 28” shield, meaning that I will still get the same width (17”) at around shoulder height on both the 25” and 28” with the 28” then tapering to 14.5 at its top. The BRP 28” shield will be a cheaper option out here, too, as shipping a shield out here currently runs between $150 - $200aud.
    Yeah, those low overpasses are a real issue…..I have installed a bull bar on the front of my helmet just in case

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by george123 View Post
    I got one from F4CUSTOMS.com that is 2” taller and 2”wider on each side than the oem w/s. They can install a custom vent in it if you want also.
    We had the same problem, solved it with the largest F4 windshield with the vent. F4 is a sponsor.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Inge View Post
    Chris, is not the downside of that - a lot less visibility for the passenger?
    no - for longer tours the helmet of the passenger should always be behind the driver, (my girl is around 2 inch shorter) .. we have this story also by most of our bikes since 35 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaMY6aaAoXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4dTlr47mck
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I saw a Goldwing trike that had a windscreen behind the passenger that reportedly cut way down on the buffeting for the passenger.

Spyder Garage

I think it was Peter from down under that posted some time back about using something like the Rivco style trunk rack with a piece of thin plywood mounted to it to cut down on the backdraft and buffeting.rivco-rack.jpg
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

One person I talked to said that when they used the Kuryakyn Hitchhiker bag on the top case rack that it help with the buffeting also. I would think about any brand would do the same thing if tall
    enough.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saltrock View Post
    I saw a Goldwing trike that had a windscreen behind the passenger that reportedly cut way down on the buffeting for the passenger.
    I think at some point the obsession with avoiding wind buffeting on a motorcycle is missing the point of not being in a cage.
    2014 RTL Platinum

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryde and Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I think at some point the obsession with avoiding wind buffeting on a motorcycle is missing the point of not being in a cage.
    I have to agree with this statement. Enjoy the 'wind therapy ' and move on. If you don't want to deal with it then ryde in your cage......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Adjustable Clip-On Windshield Extension

My wife initially complained about the same thing on our '13 RTL with stock windscreen, I bought one of the $25 Adjustable Clip-On Windshield Extension Spoilers off of EBay and enjoyed thousands of miles with no complaints about the wind, we just had to find the right adjustments and it was way less than the aftermarket taller / wider windscreens
    Windscreen windshield extender.jpg
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Yeah, I agree Pete…..as long as the wind blast is not hitting me directly in the middle of the forehead and giving me bobble head and blurred vision, I’m happy

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Have 2020 RT-L and had same problem. Went with the F4 25 in. stock, Wide with vent. That fixed the problem.