Spyder Garage

Default Purchased front pulley for 2019 f3 limited

i ordered the front pulley for my 2019 f3 limited. to my surprise, on the pulley is stamped "MADE IN THE USA"! i thought i would report this. hopefully it would indicate a quality pulley. i dont need it right now, but the way supply and pricing is being bumped up, i went ahead and ordered it along with the flange bolt. now i want to ask this question, the belt tension spec seems all over the place. anybody know what the settled tension is and if you are going with the tension on the ground or off the ground. thanks. using the kricket. oh i also want to give a shout out to CENTRAL FLORIDA POWERSPORTS. never dealt with them before, but i will from now on. very service oriented. i ordered the pulley on friday and got it today sunday.
    Last edited by rugercharger; 04-17-2022 at 07:46 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rugercharger View Post
    i ordered the front pulley for my 2019 f3 limited. to my surprise, on the pulley is stamped "MADE IN THE USA"! i thought i would report this. hopefully it would indicate a quality pulley. i dont need it right now, but the way supply and pricing is being bumped up, i went ahead and ordered it along with the flange bolt. now i want to ask this question, the belt tension spec seems all over the place. anybody know what the settled tension is and if you are going with the tension on the ground or off the ground. thanks. using the kricket. oh i also want to give a shout out to CENTRAL FLORIDA POWERSPORTS. never dealt with them before, but i will from now on. very service oriented. i ordered the pulley on friday and got it today sunday.
    I use 160 lbs... on-the-ground ..... I have a 14 RT , and your belt is slightly longer .... However BRP has a wide range for their tension specs..... so I think 160 will be fine for you ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I use 160 lbs... on-the-ground ..... I have a 14 RT , and your belt is slightly longer .... However BRP has a wide range for their tension specs..... so I think 160 will be fine for you ..... Mike
    My 15RT is set at 190 on the ground with the Kricket. That is the sweet spot for eliminating the belt vibes on my bike. At 160 the vibes were bad and after having a dampner fail (I caught it before any damage) at 10,000 miles I decided to experiment with belt tension. Like Mike said, the specs cover a large range. Yours may vary.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Yep made in the USA and it has a date stamp also. The updated white sprocket.
    Saw it when cleaning out the dust from the one that failed in the fall that dealer in warranty replaced on our used purchased machine.
    John
    "some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
    '15 F3S SE6
    '01 FLHR
    Ski Doo 1200's
    Boats
    2015 F3S SE6 , Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Someone on the forum reported recently that the white pulley failed also. I think the white pulley was created with different holes to reduce wind noise. F3 pulley failures are still occurring.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    Someone on the forum reported recently that the white pulley failed also. I think the white pulley was created with different holes to reduce wind noise. F3 pulley failures are still occurring.
    Not just someone - actually quite a few ..... BRP recently did a re-design for it , however it only made it quieter. Starting with the F-3 in 2015 they began Failing on a reg. basis .... & now the newer model RT's are experiencing similar..... Hopefully the NHTSA (?) will force BRP to fix this issue like they did with the Over-heating / burning 2013 RT's ...... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-18-2022 at 01:19 PM.