Spyder Garage

Default Service Bulletin, Mandatory ECM Update Available

I have a 21 Spyder RTL and there is a Service Bulletin out to do a mandatory flash of the ECM that fixes a low compression starting issues. I had to download the latest version Buds 2 from Powersports-diag. It still says it is the 21.1.0 which was the version I had originally but it did not show the ECM flash but installing the latest version (Added 4-15-22) fixed that and was able to flash the ECM. Not sure if this affects other years but it may be for all 1330 engines.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

This update did nothing at all for my 2020 RTL, however it did contain the cluster update and the ECM update for our 2021 F3L. It also has done away with the bug that was introduced in the previous version that caused my cursor to jump to the close program button at the top of the screen after about 2 seconds. Interestingly, it kept the engine running for the cluster update, but killed it for the ECU update. In the photos below you can see that the cluster update blanked the screen but turned on all the indication lights and was flashing the green arrows rapidly. The ECU update just showed the engine fault.

F3 cluster firmware.jpg F3 during cluster flash.jpg F3 ECM flash.jpg F3 during ECM flash.jpg
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

First time hearing about this. what's the process..

Spyder Garage

If you do not know someone that has the Buds 2 software then you would have to contact a dealer for the updates.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did my ECM update using BUDS2. It definitely runs different and has that NEW smell. Not sure if its running richer or leaner. I will have to watch the MPG.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green