Spyder Garage

Default Owner fabricated parts and farkles for my 2016 F3 T

Bare with me folks as this is my first time posting anything on Spyder Lovers even though I have been a member for a few years and I am no computer guru. I am a 75 yr. old retiree but do specialty TIG welding , metal lathe, and milling machining as a hobby so I made some things for my 2016 F3 T w/manual shift that I love by using materials I already had hanging around. Rear luggage/bag rack extending off the passenger back rest. aluminum muffler and mounting ( perforated center core w/center cone exhaust deflector, adjustable brake pedal clevis ended rod ( needed to lower brake pedal 1/2" due to leg injury ), steel and aluminum bump skid/grille guard with stainless steel spider ornament, stainless steel glove box latch and reinforcement trim ( plastic door had very small crack ), front axle caps ( lathe turned from aluminum ), stainless steel spider ornament mounted on rear fender/mud flap, and frunk LED light strip ( left over from previous project ). I will attach a few photos if possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 F3 T , Fabricated adjustable brake rod Intense Pearl Red

Spyder Garage

Very nice work!!!

Tim
    Current - 2010 Spyder RTS

1) Experience is something you don't get until after you need it.
    2) A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
    ___

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Please check out my pics!!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the compliment Mr. Magic Fingers. I have been riding motorcycles and now reverse trikes for 65 years ( started riding a Zundapp Bella 200 cc scooter when 10 yo ). They have been a steady love of mine all these years, which makes creating things a good bit easier. I have been in this game a long time having had 55 motorcycles, a 2013 Spyder RS, the 2016 F3 T, and now my wife's 2021 Ryker 900 ACE. And the beat goes on. Spyders and Rykers are great products that have become my first choice vehicles even though very capable of still riding two wheelers. I like the safety factor comfort and down right fun. Thanks again and keep on truckin' !!!!

Spyder Garage

Nice job, love those spiders, and front guard!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Very nice work there. And also good job on the posting.

Spyder Garage

Very nice work.
    I wish I had your skills and tools.
    BTW, I started riding on a 200CC Zundapp Motorcycle in 1964.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Nice job, love those spiders, and front guard!!
    .... you do nice work .... I have 80 things I've DIY'ed for my 14 RT ..... what is that muffler you have .... How does it sound compared to OEM ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

another homecrafter GURU,,,,,nice work
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Very nice work.
    I wish I had your skills and tools.
    BTW, I started riding on a 200CC Zundapp Motorcycle in 1964.
    Thank you. Sometimes it takes a love of something to expose hidden talents !
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2022 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... you do nice work .... I have 80 things I've DIY'ed for my 14 RT ..... what is that muffler you have .... How does it sound compared to OEM ..... Mike
    Hello Mike, I had typed an entire explanation of how I made my muffler and lost it - lol ! You have farkled your RT a lot more than I have my machines. Customizing seems to not have an end if one keeps a machine long enough - lol ! My muffler body is 16 3/4" long and was made from a 1/8" wall thickness aluminum tube 5 1/4" in diameter that I had hanging around ( as with much of my materials ). I did cut about a 1 1/2" wide section out and welded it back together to form an oval main muffler body but would not do that again. I would keep the tube at the original 5 1/4" OD. The center has a perforated tube the same diameter ( 1 7/8" if I remember ) as the curved pipe from the "cat" that is also the inlet pipe for the stock muffler. It would be a lot easier to cut the curved pipe from the muffler to the "cat" with the bell tip than to make one as I did if one can find a cheap stock muffler. I fabricated everything including the bell tip pipe that attaches to the "cat" from stainless steel swimming pool ladders I bought at an auction that had straights and curves. I was fortunate in getting a good seal on the one I formed by heating and hammering into shape and welding onto the stainless curved pipe.
    I did not want a loud muffler like many of the aftermarket units. Mine has a more throaty deeper sound to it much like the Akrapovic models. I just wanted something different sounding. Mine does have an audible but quiet "burble" when decelerating and blipping the throttle ( my F3 T is a manual shift ). Nothing obnoxious but has a nice tone to it. I let the Spyder idle for the recommended 15 minutes or so for the computer to adjust and all runs great. If you want more info and photos on the construction and function of my muffler and it is acceptable to list my email address on this forum then let me know.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2022 at 11:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    another homecrafter GURU,,,,,nice work
    Do you own ALL the bikes listed at this time ? Really nice assortment for sure. I have owned 55 motorcycles, a 2013 Spyder RS, currently a 2016 F3 T, and recently a 2021 Ryker 900 ACE for my wife. This has been over the span of 65 riding years though as I started at 10 yrs. old. My brother of 12 years my senior had BSA's when I was young and got severely bit by the bug back then. Has been a love interest ever since and luckily my wife of 42 years is into this hobby sport also. Keep on truckin !!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2022 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

I am so jealous of your mad skills! You are the definition of the "Yankee Ingenuity" that made this country great. Looking forward to more pictures.
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799