Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I offered to haul a fried golf cart from .......
    A fried golf cart???

I know you meant "friend's golf cart" but some typos are just too good to ignore!!
    Does it taste like chicken?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-23-2022 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Azbronco View Post
    If someone has only ever driven a car, I'd recommend they take the Can-Am class. The value of the class isn't in how to drive one or feel comfortable because it's super easy to just twist and go--but the training has people learn and practice emergency maneuvers (braking, swerving, etc). Someone who's never been on two wheels and doesn't properly respect the dangers of being on a Spyder may one day find themselves in trouble. I don't think most people have the discipline to go to parking lots and practice emergency techniques unless they pay someone to force them in a class setting (plus that other person can show you what you're doing right and wrong).

Great idea if available reasonably. Closest class is one state away, bout 6 hours one way
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

I guess your past experiences can count for a lot but I also think there is always something you can learn. If a class came nearby I would probably take it, also give me a chance to ride something different. Had been riding 2 wheels for about four years when we bought my wife's Spyder down in Austin, TX and drove it back up to Kansas. That was a long day and made me appreciate cruise on a bike. Sure it was different then my Concours 14 but it wasn't completely foreign. Biggest issue I had, for whatever reason but I assume it was because I could be lazy with my hand grips, I bumped the kill switch a couple times.

Interesting hearing about different license requirements in various states, here in Kansas there is just a motorcycle endorsement which covers the Spyder, but, you can't take the test on 3 wheels, has to be on 2.
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't mind taking the course from BRP but not with 4 1/2 hour drive to participate.
    2016 RT-L , Blue