Spyder Garage

Default Removing the Gps mount to install phone mount - advice?

Greetings all.....New spider owner here 2017 RTL delivered 2 weeks ago in a
    snow storm. It came with a GPS,which I would like to remove if possible.
    I would like to put a phone mount instead, any thoughts on how to do this would be appreciated. Been checking out you tube haven't found much. Thanks so much.

Spyder Garage

I bought an adapter but I'm waiting on it to arrive. I'm hoping it plugs right into the GPS mount, holds my phone, and provides USB power for charging. Some of them have wireless charging, also.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...2098f19cv0WSxt
    2012 Blue Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Hi there, curious how the adapter worked out. Any feedback?
    Thanks in advance.
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poppie65 View Post
    Hi there, curious how the adapter worked out. Any feedback?
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi Poppie, and Welcome to posting on the Forum.

That said, it always pays to check the date of the first post in the thread and at least the last few posts (if not actually read it right through, like you can easily do here! ) in any thread before posting up & asking a question like that of any earlier posters Poppie...

Doing that date check would've shown you that this thread was started more than a year ago now, and it hasn't had any responses in about the same length of time; and a further quick look at the Profiles of both of the earlier respondents also shows that neither has visited the Forum in the last 4 months or so; all of which adds up to make it pretty unlikely that you'll get a rapid response to asking either of them your question, that is if you ever do get anything back from them!!

But there's lots more info on phone mounts already posted elsewhere on the Forum; some on swapping out the GPS units for phones; plus more again on others adding GPS units because their phones don't serve their navigational needs/purpose quite so well, which you maybe should or could do a bit of searching & reading up on while you wait - and it might be smart if you DON'T hold your breath while waiting either!!

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!